Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down The Aisle...?
My grandmother had an affair with a Native American man and that's where my blood comes from. Hehe! Naughty grandma!

But I never got to meet this person, obviously her marriage would have ended if it was talked about. And so I have a lot of unanswered questions and cultural longing.

Uneunsae Wrote:My grandmother had an affair with a Native American man and that's where my blood comes from. Hehe! Naughty grandma!

But I never got to meet this person, obviously her marriage would have ended if it was talked about. And so I have a lot of unanswered questions and cultural longing.

So sorry for you, Uneunsae.... Gosh that handle of yours is difficult to spell... hehe. It is a great shame not to be able to connect one's life to someone, somewhere.
It's like that episode in Modern Family when Lily wants to know where her mother is, and who she is, and the fathers aren't quite honest with it... But there is some guilt about telling her fibs.

Yeah, I don't know my biological dad, either. He's Korean. So I don't have a very solid idea of "where I come from" or a connection with family. No one in my mom's family liked me since I was the result of an affair. So everyone looked the other way when I was abused.

Married or unmarried, I just wish I could have had a LOVING FAMILY. That's what it comes down to. And families come in all varieties! Gay, straight, lesbian, etc... Smile