Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my first job in nearly 10 years
Insertnamehere Wrote:Awesome! Congrats!

Now don't lose it damn it!

Aye aye captain!

Congrats Arty Smile

wow i salute you on this arty as someone who has had his education on hold for 5 years .. lol ..

Only the first week will be the scary time.
Well if the job is something you know you'll love, then the nervousness will go away after just a day or two.
I was quite nervous the first day I was going to work in the kindergarten I worked at the first day. But I was just very excited to come back the second day.

Ffs I've been hit with red tape now too.

I'm on benefits, like DLA and ESA support. I've been getting conflicting information on what is classed as
"permitted work". Which is what I'm doing but it only says it could effect my ESA Support not it will or will not.

I'm looking at doing 16 hours but the supermarket chain has added 75mins to that for paid breaks. But the issue I'm facing is I've signed the contract for 16 hours. But that extra will end up kicking me off esa and then I'll be on tax credits but then that will mean I'll have to do more hours to be worth it. Just don't think I've got the energy to do that yet. Ffs this red tape is stifling..

Good God, doesn't it piss you off the way the government can take your good intentions and use them against you? We have the same sort of crap in the US, I hear the worst stories from some of the people we transport.

I got a cousin with BMD. IDK, the woman my mom's brother married was a carrier and didn't know it. And yeah, like you said, it could be worse --- could be DMD. But still, I know how difficult it can be. Well, I can't KNOW, but I see what my cousin deals with. Wouldn't you think that the freaking governments of the world would. try to make it easier?

Hope it all works out to your advantage!!

Gemini Wrote:Good God, doesn't it piss you off the way the government can take your good intentions and use them against you? We have the same sort of crap in the US, I hear the worst stories from some of the people we transport.

I got a cousin with BMD. IDK, the woman my mom's brother married was a carrier and didn't know it. And yeah, like you said, it could be worse --- could be DMD. But still, I know how difficult it can be. Well, I can't KNOW, but I see what my cousin deals with. Wouldn't you think that the freaking governments of the world would. try to make it easier?

Hope it all works out to your advantage!!

Cool not many people know my condition.

I think in the end it'll work it's self out, just wanted to see if I can do the work before leaving the benefit totally. If I can do it then I'll do it full time but if I find it to tiring then I can full back on the benefit. What they are they for.

My first official day done. Ffs my back hurts lol.
I started enjoying myself though.