Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag KINGS
Until a few days ago I didn't know that such things existed, women dressing as men. Did you? I've heard of Vesta Tilley but I thought that she was an isolated case. How wrong I have been!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32...orm-as-men

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...13984.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14...y/260967/0

http://www.mookychick.co.uk/feminism/lgb...the-uk.php
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

It was a drag king who helped me kick the ass of the "fag bashers" that came after us all with baseball bats one night. Three of them ran back to their car and she grabbed the bat from the fourth one while I kicked his ass.....

The ambulance had to come and get him.....she pulled me off of him.....

I have a favorable opinion of Drag Kings...same with Drag Queens...I love them....

East Wrote:It was a drag king who helped me kick the ass of the "fag bashers" that came after us all with baseball bats one night. Three of them ran back to their car and she grabbed the bat from the fourth one while I kicked his ass.....

The ambulance had to come and get him.....she pulled me off of him.....

I have a favorable opinion of Drag Kings...same with Drag Queens...I love them....

Wow! Good for her and happy for you.

Yeah, I know they exist. One my favorite musical artists as of late goes by the name of, Valshe. She's a Ryouseirui, which is someone who has the vocal talents to sing as both a man and a woman. Not really in the same boat as a drag king, but pretty similar.

She's becoming more and more popular recently, with most of her music videos being played by a male persona that she creates. I remember the first time I watched one of her music videos, I really thought she was a young boy. I was shocked to find out she was actually a middle aged woman.

While I don't know any drag kings, I did know they existed.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

FXWarrior48 Wrote:Yeah, I know they exist. One my favorite musical artists as of late goes by the name of, Valshe. She's a Ryouseirui, which is someone who has the vocal talents to sing as both a man and a woman. Not really in the same boat as a drag king, but pretty similar.

She's becoming more and more popular recently, with most of her music videos being played by a male persona that she creates. I remember the first time I watched one of her music videos, I really thought she was a young boy. I was shocked to find out she was actually a middle aged woman.

Hey, you could at least have posted a link to a video!

One of my closest friends from WAY back has lived as a man for longer than I can remember. "She" transitioned to "He" in the early 90's. I never thought of it as "uncommon".
~Beaux

LONDONER Wrote:Hey, you could at least have posted a link to a video!

Is this the person in question?:

Oops, I went off topic with that last post. Here we go back on with "How it's done":

I've definitely heard of and seen drag kings before. And drag princesses - which are female drag queens.... lol.

Theres an interesting documentary called Venus Boyz thats about drag kings too, Londoner. If you're interested in learning more.

[Image: 20140607venus-boyz.jpg]