Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreadfully unfair, but...
... but hilarious.

I feel like Simon is being the meanest by giving the girl false hope. He never has any reservations about telling people they're awful.

This reminds me of some karaoke nights. Put a microphone in front of the most boisterous people and they do the same thing. If you're gonna sing, do it loud and proud no matter what it sounds like!

But, Lycanthropist, if they are tone deaf it could be excruciating to listen to... that loud.

You would think that the contestant would ask someone if they could sing before going on national TV.

Stu, it could be that people are testing their limits and they've become really shy at the last minute... Or it could be that the producers deliberately keep such contestants in to prove that everyone can try.... which we know is a sham, but hey, it's tv for you.

Yes your right. In fact I stopped watching a few years ago because I thought they were making entertainment out of people that were 'different'.

princealbertofb Wrote:But, Lycanthropist, if they are tone deaf it could be excruciating to listen to... that loud.

It usually is, and there isn't enough alcohol in the world to drown out the sound of dreadful! Smile

Wade Wrote:I feel like Simon is being the meanest by giving the girl false hope. He never has any reservations about telling people they're awful.
that's kinda why he was the only judge on american idol i could stand though, yeah he's a asshole but at least he's honest and doesn't sugar coat it

Not sure that Simon's always completely honest. I think sometimes he plays to the other judges' fiddles... but that's just my view. Sometimes he's painfully blunt.