Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Meanings
So this is kind of weird but sometimes my dreams give me a warning or tries to tell me something. Sometimes its spot on, sometimes its related to the dream and needs interpretation. I'm Asian so my it might be a culture difference, or it might be a coincidence. Its not every dream that has a meaning but when the dreams are telling me something I get this weird feeling whenever i wake up. My friend and I had an argument that I shouldn't based my life on these dreams, that i shouldn't limit myself because of this. I feel like he is right but i don't think its a bad thing to have. So my question is does anyone else have these dreams, its almost like deja vus or am i just plain out crazy?

You're not crazy, I have such dreams frequently, too. Most of them showed me events or backgrounds that are very likely to happen in real life, but often after a very long time.
Depends on which dreams and how often they happen. Some may represent an amazing event that you couldn't expect, while others barely mean anything.
I don't have much knowledge about dreams, their concept is quite complicated. Here's a link that could help you understand the most common ones:
http://www.thecrazyfacts.com/top-10-comm...-meanings/

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

I believe dreams are a way of your sub-concious trying to work out life's problems, but I wouldn't put a lot of mystical faith in them having some kind of supernatural insight. Just enjoy them for the random, mysterious stories that they are.

Sometimes they do seem prophetical. Take your dreams into account, but also take into account how trying to avoid or cause something you dreamed up happening could effect whether or not it will. For example most of these "prophetic" dreams directly involve the dreamer. The idea is now in your head and it's possible that the dream did not foresee the occurrence, but caused you to take precautions that caused it.

However, that said, sometimes the dream does not directly involve the dreamer and the events from the dream come true and it is completely beyond one's control.

Dreams are strange things, and that's basically as far as definite understanding of them goes. But many people think their dreams are warnings, and for all we know, maybe they are. I've had many dreams like that myself and they can't really be explained. At any rate, you are not crazy for seeing meaning in them.

If you look at BlueStar's link, keep in mind that when there is meaning in a dream, it doesn't always have a "common" meaning. Since people have different personalities and different things mean something different to them, the only one who can give an accurate analysis of your dream is yourself. But then again maybe the common meaning is the meaning you get from it... after all, there is a reason they are common meanings.

It can be useful to interpret your dreams. Some of them show you what your real strengths and weaknesses are.