Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What brings back happy memories for you?
Pictures or sounds of the ocean, paddling beyond the break, sitting on the board being one with nature
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

My kitchen,the boys were always sitting on the counters as I prepared food.
All manner of conversations took place and still do take place in the kitchen ,it's like the hub of the house .

There is this one particular song when I hear makes me think of the good old times, "I can't wait" by Hilary Duff lol. It takes me back to when I was around 12 or 13 years old. My cousins and I used to sit around in the living room watching disney channel (back when the shows on disney channel were worth watching). We would always watch That's so Raven together and when it went on commercial the song "I can't wait" would come on and we would always sing along haha.

The beach, laying in the sand after a couple of hours in the surf, in the warm sun next to my board. These days when I return to that same city and as I cross a certain bridge and smell the pluff mud in the salt marshes, it's an instant flashback and has been for years.

That rare, oh so rare, experience of finishing a drawing and being totally, completely, and utterly satisfied with how it turned out.

I get reminded of every happy moment in my life when I eat pistachios. Never shared this with anyone. Possibly the weirdest thing to have an emotional connection to.

MikeIsNotPG Wrote:I get reminded of every happy moment in my life when I eat pistachios. Never shared this with anyone. Possibly the weirdest thing to have an emotional connection to.

Not weird at all. mine is cheddar popcorn lol

Sylph Wrote:[COLOR="Green"]Not to mention the torn school shirt, thanks to a frisky Goat :I

[/COLOR]

Sorry about that dear. Sagrin

But to answer the thread: certain bands, cloudy days, Cadbury Crunchie bars, the smell of a backyard fire burning, sitting on river rocks. There's others but those jump out first.

A slice of lemon pie
Laying on the grass watching the clear blue sky
To look up and see a falling star

songs from the 80s, and cartoons from when I was a kid
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!