Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drink for thought
The Many Uses of Coca-Cola

1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

6. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

7. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

8. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

9. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly Corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Drink up!

Oh its a hasidic drink - highly acidic = hasidic... yeah maybe not that funny....

:biggrin: Well I think it's funny. Especially since I've hauled loads of coca-cola syrup concentrate that had to be placarded "corrosive." Funny thing is those loads all went to NYC.

So new york city is a hasidic town?

hasidic = of or relating to the Jewish Hasidim or its members or their beliefs and practices.

Well, yes, especially when most of the places I used to go to in the city were Yiddish owned - The owned. Hunt's point isn't so much Yiddish owned, but the rest were.

Neat post - do you know if 'diet' Coke has the same effects as regular Coke?

Yes it does, it's the phosphoric acid in the cola extract that makes it effective so any variety of coke works. Any cola really but, coke is the highest acid - Pepsi syrup is also placarded corrosive but, RC is not.

Thank you for sharing Blue.

Saw this the other day, kinda links with the thread... Think I'll lay off the sugary drinks for a while.

And people always ask me "why do you always drink water".