Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs and relationships
Hi me and my boyfriend use opiates together which has always worked out fine... Until I was prescribed oxycodone for Cancer pain now he thinks I should share half of the prescription With him I told him no we have to be responsible for our own drug use and it has been a huge fight ever since any sincere! feedback would be appreciated (and please no Just stop using drugs get help etc need not reply I already know the obvious)

You share half your prescription with him when he accepts half of your cancer.

Welcome to GS!

If you share - which you know is illegal, right - what do you do when you need them for pain and he needs them because he's addicted/habituated? I would watch out for your future pain needs.

Wanting to share your pain meds makes your BF come across as a really nice guy.

your bf sounds like a real asshole. You keep those pain meds to yourself, and make sure you hide/lock them when you're not around.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Any person, boyfriend or otherwise, who thinks he has a claim on a cancer patient's pain medications should be shown the door immediately. End of story.

What a cad!
I bid NO Trump!

Tell me where you live and Ill come give him a transplant on some manners, rectal and oral. Thats what drugs do.

Do you know why drug heads keep friends?
When they need someone to steal from or turn in to get a deal with the popo.

The problem stems from the fact that you both did drugs together before...and he is probably an addict. Opiates are a lot like heroin and it is a powerful craving/addiction that can turn almost anyone into a monster....

Unfortunately.......talking to him in his state might fall on deaf ears as you are talking to the demon (not pointing fingers...we all have one or more demons of our own)...and the demon is not reasonable or understanding...

For best results given the situation as it is....I would tell him that you would love to share some with him but the pain is so bad that you are afraid of letting go of any of the medication.....

If he is a typical addict...he will beg/plead/lie/deceive...do anything to get the fix.....

Be firm. Let him know that you are in pain. If he ever gets in touch with his addiction and wants to be clean...he will be grateful that you said no to him because as it is he will not be able to forgive himself for what he did....

I hope you feel better....

Anyone who's going to ask for my pain medication can rightfully fuck off. Even if someone asked me for them I'd get pissed off about it. If you have cancer and you're taking these for the pain, I'd say the answer is obvious. But, when it comes to drug addiction, anyone who knows me knows what I have to say on the matter.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

if your pain gets severe then im sure the solution will be obvious to you - you need them to control your pain and that will override any misplaced loyalty to share with your bf.

I suppose sympathy to an addict doesn't come high on the list of his morals either if he's after you medication - lock it away

This guy won't stop with the OxyContin, he'll eventually steal your money, credit cards, or anything else you have of value. He's thinking only of himself. Kick that loser to the curb and move on!