Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry months
Well ever since I decided to stop dating bc I felt scared and unwanted bc 2 guys I dated just left after 2 months w/o a word. I've been feeling better about myself which is good. But now I'm ready to mingle again and I'm not looking for a guy right now. Just hoping to be caught off guard. So I'm making new friends but what wories me is that I think I'm having a dry spell. Feel like I'm just friends w/everybody. Is it bad to tell ppl what I'm looking for? Ex: friends or a bf and etc. Another thing is that since I know deep down that I want a bf I
I'm just afraid that I'm gonna fall for someone and they won't feel the same. I also feel lik if I talk to a few guys then none of them work outt I feel like I'm out of options.

I wanna a bf in the long run. I'm j ust scared of opening up again and telling ppl how I really feel. Just worried that they might leave after 2 months too. I wonder what I did wrong for them to leave me so soon.

Hi I know what your going through my ex dumped after three months with out even a word why. You did nothing wrong. They did the wrong by just leaving with out a word. There's nothing wrong with opening up. Dont be scared to open up. There are decent guys our there and mr right will find you on day.

i can handle my life just fine.
i look for a bf because its nice to wake up next to someone, every day. Sometimes it is nice to take care of some one or let them take care of you. I really enjoy having a keeper around to assure i dont ever so slowly walk off the path and miss my goals. It nice to know i can behave in a way my partner wants to come home to me. I like to wear his clothing too.

so wanting a bf is not a weakness.

Google science has published several papers that there is actually less than six degrees of separation between strangers like 4.5 degrees. Let the good people in your life know you are looking and they could just know someone who is looking too.

Be cautious of when you commit to someone. They have to want to be in a relationship too. important!

I have friends to help do things.
I can call them if I need help with a dry wall project. Some internet thingy is not working like my new router is not optimal with my ComCast cable modem. In the end they are gone.

I can be irreverent but i hope it dosnt happen to me. At this point i put a lot of effort into my live with my bf. And hope he dosnt leave for the second time. Been there and its not a lot of fun

For me, not stressing over it was the best thing that ever happened in my own head. Enjoying the freedom of being single until the next one comes along was liberating. I completely understand wanting a bf and the companionship, but trying to force it or gain it in any contrived way has always failed for me.

I know we're all different, but maybe hearing another side can help sometimes. I know it does for me.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Giving your heart away because you don't want to be alone is always going to lead to a breakdown and hurt.

Making someone earn your heart is a recipe for success.

People tend to use and abuse anything that is just given to them and that is because it means nothing to them, but if the work hard and earn something then it becomes a reward and that is when they protect it, nurture it, love it.

While I am not against social networking, the issue I have is how it is used. Social networking by many people replaces 'friendship', and without true friendship before a relationship, most are going to end in heart break.

You can say anything you want on message boards and via SMS, and usually people will say what they think you want to hear, rarely saying what they mean.

Take your time looking for a relationship it far easier being alone for 12 months than being alone after 12 months with 6 broken hearts because guys walk away from relationships after 2 months.

Sweetie, you first need to be able to stand your own company , before you can share with another.
You cannot go through life feeling complete only when you are with someone.

Accept yourself , love your own company and all your insecurities will melt away.
As you are well aware , your insecurities have led you down the path of the green eyed monster.

I get that you have been hurt before and for that I am very sorry.
However your self worth should never be in the hands of another.

Accept your self , never measure your worth through another person , you deserve happiness and love , but first you must love yourself and own company.

Here for you.