Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumped my best friend
Greta Wrote:You think your the only one that this has happened to... I was with a girl for 4 YEARS friends for years before that and she left me for some girl and I didn't tell her I wasn't going to be her friend anymore because she didn't love me. That's just so stupid get over yourself he doesn't love you and I think you got that but, that doesn't mean he should be punched because your being a brat. Do you do that to all men who don't like/love you, you just kick them off everything and won't talk to him. You should be happy for him because he found love instead of being mad at him because, your single. I still talk to my ex I even told her to join this site I guess I'm just more mature then you. I bet if your "ex" was on this site he would be telling a different store and you would look like the ass and not him. You can't just be rude to everyone who doesn't like you in that way. You must have a lot of personal problems and this guy is being treated like shit for finding love that he just COULDN'T fin in YOU. .... You already made your choice but, everyone on here should think about the other side and not just yours...

Although I don't find selfrighteousness mature Rolleyes
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Although I do like the point Greta is trying to make, I don't like how she's choosing to say it. However, I do understand it is difficult to sound neutral and agreeable when you have strong feelings associated with your opinion.

There is no easy decision in these situations, and no real win-win scenario for everyone involved. I am not familiar with the details of your particular experience, so I apologize that I can't give a more informed response. It is very painful when someone important to you doesn't reciprocate the same kind of feelings that you have for them. It is easy to lose focus on all the other components of a relationship/friendship when certain ones are drawing your focus.

It is important with any kind of relationship for those involved to communicate with each other. Being best friends, you should have enough trust to share, both openly and honestly, your feelings and thoughts with each other. If you have questions involving the other person that you can't answer, it can be confusing and frustrating. The best you can do is discuss it with them and fill in the missing gaps based on what you know of them, how they think and how they work. Sometimes, it is in your best interest to make a clean break because you know you are incapable of separating from emotions and circumstances causing all the pain, which will prevent you from recovering. However, it is important to keep in mind that losing a best friend can be just as painful (and sometimes more so) than losing a lover. It seems wasteful to completely discard of someone important to you because they are doing something hurtful, or aren't treating you in the way that you expect or believe you're deserving of being treated. When there are conflicting interests involved, someone has to get hurt. However, i imagine it takes a lot before someone earns the privilege of becoming a best friend, and knowing you need a break from them is different than essentially cutting them out of your life permanently.

In the end, you have to hope that the other person is doing what's best for them, and taking care of themselves. You also have to do the same and take care of yourself. If this is really what you need in order to take care of yourself and be happy/healthy, it is the "best" choice you can make. The "right" choice can be subjective based on who's perspective you're looking from. In the end, you know yourself best and if you believe you're not capable of doing something a certain way, there's no need to feel bad about it.

I don't think making the best decision necessarily means you're strong. It's more of a reflection on your intelligence, self-awareness, and wisdom. The reasoning for your decision should reflect the time, effort, and consideration you've put into it.

In the end...all is fair in love...that is the bottom line...you have to take care of your heart and you know what that entails better than anyone else.....Good luck to you!~

Seems there are a lot of friends right here for you! So don't say you can't find friends.

You show courage young Luke! Stay positive and the world's your oyster!

Best wishes!

Spadey Boo, I didn't even notice... I'm so sorry for you.

But I also commend you on your strength, because I know had me and my best friend of 14years not been seperated by unfortunate circumstances, I would've given that boy[he's actually older] everything and I wouldn't know how not to...

I still love him and miss him, but he's moved on[or it appears he has, I haven't seen him], so I have to and am slowly climbing the hill. If he came running back to me[not to be BFs necessarily]... I don't know if I would say no, especially because we were seperated, so it's not like it was either of our faults.

You gotta be strong Boo Wink . Keep that head up mister!... the thinking head! Omgosh lol Rofl .