Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunno what to do...
I don't know what to do. I really don't want to talk to my friend. Yes, the friend that I've been whining about for the past forever. I'm tired of my feelings towards him and this wall that keeps me apart from him. He still "talks" to me, but we don't talk like we used to. This friendship is getting dry and pathetic. It's like trying to trying to save a dead plant by watering it. It's just making a mess.
Anywho, problem is, I don't know how to tell him how I feel. I don't know if i should tell him about how I've felt towards him for the past few years. I don't know if I should try to just make this relationship last or to just give up on it. He doesn't talk to me like he used to, I don't know anything about him anymore, I don't even know if he's with the same girl.
I don't know how he'll take any of this either. I mean, I can just play along until he just slowly cuts me off then feel like shit or I can just end it now and have him feel like shit. I dunno, I just don't want to deal with this anymore. It hurts, I'm starting not to like him, and I really just want to let go and meet other guys who I actually may have a shot with. I don't want to be stuck on a guy who doesn't care about me and just wants someone to know what weird shit he's been doing with his girlfriend. I'd like someone to make conversation with, someone who asks me about my day, someone who won't keep things from me or lie to me.
But yeah...I just don't know what to do with this guy. I hate him, but I'll always love him. I don't want to be stuck in this dead end. I've always been the one who held the friendship together anyways. I've always had to apologize in order for us to make up. He won't say sorry for anything. I don't know. I don't even know what I'm asking...

I think a talk with your friend might help you gain some clarity on the situation. Tell him how you feel like he takes no interest in you and how the friendship feels one-sided. It may even be that he doesn't realise he's doing it, and he might start being a better friend to you.

On the other hand he may just feel like you and him have grown apart, which happens naturally between friends especially when you're young. It's happening to me and my best friend, we've been friends 15 years and lately I've realised we're completely different people and they've been showing a different side to them lately which I don't like and I've just slowly lost respect for him.
Either way I do think you need to talk to him, probably best not to mention that you hate him though! A good talk will either put things right or confirm that you need to cut him out and move on.

Good luck!

CustomMadeKid Wrote:I think a talk with your friend might help you gain some clarity on the situation. Tell him how you feel like he takes no interest in you and how the friendship feels one-sided. It may even be that he doesn't realise he's doing it, and he might start being a better friend to you.

On the other hand he may just feel like you and him have grown apart, which happens naturally between friends especially when you're young. It's happening to me and my best friend, we've been friends 15 years and lately I've realised we're completely different people and they've been showing a different side to them lately which I don't like and I've just slowly lost respect for him.
Either way I do think you need to talk to him, probably best not to mention that you hate him though! A good talk will either put things right or confirm that you need to cut him out and move on.

Good luck!

Yeah, I guess i should talk to him, i just don't know how to put it. We've been friends for over 7 years. I've had a thing for him for the majority of those years. I've always been there to pick him up. He's never really helped me much, or at least directly. I know when he's going through trouble and I'm more open than he is so I help him, I'm always there for him. Ever since I told him I was leaving he's been this way. It's gotten worse since he's had this girlfriend. Apparently I can't make him happy anymore now that he has her. I'm only there when he has no one else to talk to. I'm no longer a priority. I came home to see him for a month and he didn't think much of it. I was planning on seeing him this summer, but not anymore.
I just hate the part of him that's decided to push me aside now that he doesn't need me. Like I said, I'll always have a thing for him. He's been with me this far, but now that things are getting serious with this girl, I just feel like I was being used.
But I'll talk to him...sooner or later...I don't know.

"It hurts, I'm starting not to like him, and I really just want to let go and meet other guys who I actually may have a shot with. "

If you feel that way I think that is what you should do. Why not have face to face talk with him and tell how thing sare?

Watermark Wrote:"It hurts, I'm starting not to like him, and I really just want to let go and meet other guys who I actually may have a shot with. "

If you feel that way I think that is what you should do. Why not have face to face talk with him and tell how thing sare?

He's back home. I don't think I'll be home for a long time or I would talk to him.

Mrmatty376 Wrote:He's back home. I don't think I'll be home for a long time or I would talk to him.

Well thats little tricky then. Don't think I would like to talk about stuff like that without beeing face to face...

yeah :frown: