Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earliest memory you can recall
What's the earliest memory you have?

The earliest one is from when I was 2 years old. This is only because it was traumatic, it was the motorcycle accident in shenzhen my dad and I were in. The thief on a motorbike crashed into us, and I remember the memory in third person perspective for some reason. I remember dim yellow lights, a motorcycle covering me and dad and dad was unconscious, and then I remember crying.

The next memory I remember is accidentally hugging a random white man in Hong Kong because I thought he was mum... this was when I was 3 o_o

I remember a surprising amount of things from when I was 4 and under, I remember all of 1990s hong kong basically, which is nice. I guess the sudden change is what cemented those memories.

Maybe you should take up the practice of randomly hugging men again???? Especially video store clerks!!! Evilgrin1

I can remember a LOT from when I was like 3 - 5 years old, like it was 5 minutes ago.

But I cant remember what really happened 5 minutes ago.....

My earliest memory is inconsiquential (damn that word - you know what i mean)

Its just a still image of my mums friend lifting me up and putting me in an amusement park ride, it might of been the same day i punched a giant man-size teddy bear in the nuts and another amusement park member of staff grabbed me really hard (dick)

partisan Wrote:My earliest memory is inconsiquential (damn that word - you know what i mean)

Its just a still image of my mums friend lifting me up and putting me in an amusement park ride, it might of been the same day i punched a giant man-size teddy bear in the nuts and another amusement park member of staff grabbed me really hard (dick)

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

Why would you punch a man-sized teddy bear in the nuts????

I remember a few things from around two years old. We lived in Spokane, and I remember being babysat by a friend of my parents that had a girl my age. They lived in a ground floor apartment and had a kids table with one of those "washable" crayon-colouring vinyl table covers. They had a parakeet that got out once, and I remember coming towards their apartment building while they looked up into a tree. I know they took me to a pet store while babysitting me, and I remember seeing baby alligators in the store. I remember playing London bridge in a basement classroom of the church we went to. I remember walking to a minit-mart near my great-grandmother's house and getting a cheap plastic canteen with a red cloth cover that had a ninja printed on it. I also remember having sandals with Snorks on them.

I have no sense of chronology for these memories, but we moved before I turned two.

Counselor Wrote:I remember a few things from around two years old. We lived in Spokane, and I remember being babysat by a friend of my parents that had a girl my age. They lived in a ground floor apartment and had a kids table with one of those "washable" crayon-colouring vinyl table covers. They had a parakeet that got out once, and I remember coming towards their apartment building while they looked up into a tree. I know they took me to a pet store while babysitting me, and I remember seeing baby alligators in the store. I remember playing London bridge in a basement classroom of the church we went to. I remember walking to a minit-mart near my great-grandmother's house and getting a cheap plastic canteen with a red cloth cover that had a ninja printed on it. I also remember having sandals with Snorks on them.

I have no sense of chronology for these memories, but we moved before I turned two.

OMG!!! SNORKS???? You are older than you are letting on!!!! Rofl

[Image: snorks-cartoon-complete-series-4fd4.jpg]

I think the oldest memory I can recall was when I was like 6... my memory is pretty awful Laugh

I remember my mother being called into the school to talk to the teacher, and she was complaining about the fact that I had been "insolent". Because when we were given a colouring task that told us to color a tree green... I coloured the bark brown, and only coloured the leaves green. And apparently that was cause for bringing my parents in to tell them what a horrible child I was, and making sure I was there to hear it.

And then, I also remember in the same meeting, my mother mentioned that she thought I was being bullied, and my teachers response was simply "well, he probably did something to deserve it". Laugh Of course, she was the mother of the headmaster, so none of the complaints my mother made were ever acknowledged. And because that one teacher was so bad, my mother decided no other teacher could be bad, and so refuses to hear me say anything negative about any of my old teachers, other than her.

Sad thing is, I used to think those memories were just "child" memories, that had been changed, etc, by my juvenile viewpoint... but my mother remembers it the exact same way. Heck, she still holds a huge grudge about the whole thing Biglaugh

My earliest memories are around age 3 - I think age 3. Maybe a wee bit younger. They are not nice memories so I am not going to describe them.

My earliest memory was feeling my mom's belly while she was pregnant with my little brother. I was 2 at the time. My second memory was during the birth. My grandmother was taking care of me in the lobby and trying to keep me from getting terribly bored. This is part of why my brother and I are so close. My life started with him.