Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early new years resolution
I made the resolution to no longer make new years resolutions over a decade ago. Its the only one I have been able to keep.

Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I made the resolution to no longer make new years resolutions over a decade ago. Its the only one I have been able to keep.

Wink

Hey me too , about 12 years ago now.:biggrin:
Great minds. Wink

dfiant Wrote:DLboy, being true to yourself and coming are are 2 seperate issues. You don't have to tell everyone about your personal life to be true to yourself mate Wink Don't force yourself to come out if you are not 200% comfortable.
i totally agree with Dfiant:
Be the pragmatic gay man; out your self to people on a need to know basis. Usually if your living with a partner its important to tell more people. Your not at this stage but wishing you were, so soon, just not now. I still think your trying to put square pegs into round holes with your life. You need to puzzle through a few issues still?

I just feel that something is holding me back and it keeps coming back to being that I'm holding this secret from people that I care about even though they may not agree with it, but will put my mind at ease knowing that I'm not living a lie all the time.

dlboy53 Wrote:I just feel ... I'm holding this secret from people ... put my mind at ease knowing that I'm not living a lie all the time.

-Child / parent relationships dont hold any longer. There is no need to tell your peers anything. Grown men are complete inside them selves as you should be too. Tell them about your bank account(s) and see where this gets you. Just think how bad it is for the gay high school student.
-We all live a lie to keep things simple, appreciate a well running household around you. Only swap out the old lies in your life when you functional replacements.

sounds like you (and myself) could benefit from good accepting people in your life. but i found out along time ago they are few and far between. i have been on a "quest" to find more.

so you all think I should hold off then?