Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthrise
Incredible that this was 45 years ago. We have become almost blasé about space flight since then but it shouldn't be forgotten that this was real pioneering.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If we had enough money I'd suggest we send all the haters and bigots into orbit so they can witness how truly beautiful the world is and just how insignificant their hate is in the greater scheme of things. Maybe then we could all be a bit nicer to each other for a change Wink

ggugcuuau Wrote:If we had enough money I'd suggest we send all the haters and bigots into orbit so they can witness how truly beautiful the world is and just how insignificant their hate is in the greater scheme of things. Maybe then we could all be a bit nicer to each other for a change Wink

Maybe it could also stop them destroying this beautiful planet we share between us.

To be honest, I've never been that big on space travel. I always thought that perhaps the money could be spent here fixing issues.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:To be honest, I've never been that big on space travel. I always thought that perhaps the money could be spent here fixing issues.

I agree with you to some extent but you can't deny the extraordinary achievment all the same.

ggugcuuau Wrote:If we had enough money I'd suggest we send all the haters and bigots into orbit so they can witness how truly beautiful the world is and just how insignificant their hate is in the greater scheme of things. Maybe then we could all be a bit nicer to each other for a change Wink

We'd be sending 70% of the world out there..

all of the Middle East, Russia & Africa, most of Asia, half of US, 30% of Latin America would be up there...lol

I bet not one single Canadian would be though

southbiochem Wrote:We'd be sending 70% of the world out there..

all of the Middle East, Russia & Africa, most of Asia, half of US, 30% of Latin America would be up there...lol

I bet not one single Canadian would be though

And once they're all up there we could "arrange" that they don't come back down... that would sort out ALL our problems.

that could work..

we ust need to keep a few to work for us, though

LONDONER Wrote:I agree with you to some extent but you can't deny the extraordinary achievment all the same.

Oh, absolutely not, it is a fantastic achievement, and I have nothing but respect for the brave astronauts who have made the journey.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!