Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ East
Friends, I hope to be able to relay all your kind thoughts to East soon, through another means than this... He may be reading these pages without wanting to create a new account. The nuisance of closing an account is that every time you have to start anew before you can get your perks... You know what I mean. Although I'm sure with the right persuasion, Andy might be tempted to give him those perks straight away... Don't know if that's possible.... Anyway, I hope East will come and grace us with his presence again soon. I know that he does not like the sort of confrontation that he's been getting recently from this nutter. For once, GaySpeak did not seem to be the usual nice and cosy, and hate- and- judgement free place that it used to be.
Sorry about all that and that it had to end this way. We all make mistakes, which, with a little hope, we can put right.
Take care, all. Thanks for your support of one of our dear members. Confusedmile:
PA

I was proud to have someone like East stand by me and other members in the last couple of days to protect our other members from what some of us instantly identified as a major risk to our young members, what we did together epitomises what a caring community does for each other and without East here a huge part of that caring has been lost with his account deletion.

I hope that East knows that he was part of something special and we successfully protected our community in Gay Speak Smile

I don't want east to leace :/

Even though I never spoke directly to East, like others here I always thought his posts good/well thought out. Sad to see him go.

Not had an answer yet...

I'm not sure what happened. I tend to come and go from time to time as other commitments allow, but I've read two threads about people leaving today and that always makes me feel somewhat disheartened that things have not been as inclusive as they usually are.

I haven't seen the particular posts that others are talking about but it seems that someone one came on to the site and invoked John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. It is such a shame that those sort of things happen because they can (and do) get to people. I've seen it happen before and the world becomes a poorer place when good and noble people feel they can't contribute any more because of others.

I'm sad to see East leave, and I do hope he returns.

k- i'll break the pattern. I DONT KNOW WHY HE LEFT, SO WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY HE LEFT? i dont wanna be a snooper and go around threads. so just tell me why he deleted his account please. O_O sorry to be so blunt

ManicLewis21 Wrote:k- i'll break the pattern. I DONT KNOW WHY HE LEFT, SO WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY HE LEFT? i dont wanna be a snooper and go around threads. so just tell me why he deleted his account please. O_O sorry to be so blunt

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]East left because he felt he was under attack from a very unpleasant character who I understand was banned from Gayspeak that's how I read the situation, someone might want to put me right on that one? but it's sad when a person's only objective in life is to hurt other people?
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Yeah, that's pretty much the sum of it.