Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter holidays
What are you people who celebrate or have Easter as a holiday doing?

I am going to Blackpool for the holiday
Foe those who do not know Blackpool is a bit like a very less impressive England version of Las Vegas,but still not a bad place to visit.

Wolfpack Wrote:What are you people who celebrate or have Easter as a holiday doing?

I am going to Blackpool for the holiday
Foe those who do not know Blackpool is a bit like a very less impressive England version of Las Vegas,but still not a bad place to visit.

Wow did you really compare it to Las Vegas? :p Im just shopping for new suits!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Wow did you really compare it to Las Vegas? :p Im just shopping for new suits!

I was just trying to describe it a bit for our friends over seas ( wise guy) Quickdraw

I've got 4 days off work and got a busy weekend!
Going to a Rugby game tomorrow (watching not playing!) Out on the piss with a group of mates on Saturday (look out Liverpool!) day of recovery Sunday football on Monday (again watching not playing! LOL) and then back to work on Tuesday :-(

WxmBJ Wrote:I've got 4 days off work and got a busy weekend!
Going to a Rugby game tomorrow (watching not playing!) Out on the piss with a group of mates on Saturday (look out Liverpool!) day of recovery Sunday football on Monday (again watching not playing! LOL) and then back to work on Tuesday :-(

Do you ever play rugby or football?
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Do you ever play rugby or football?

I used to play football but haven't played for years unfortunately I have a glass ankle :-(

Wolfpack Wrote:What are you people who celebrate or have Easter as a holiday doing?

I confess that as an atheist, I loathe Easter. Where I live it is celebrated with a vengeance. Thursday and Friday are holidays and the city is crowded with sightseers who come to see the processions; enormous floats carried through the streets carried sometimes by hundreds of men. The floats themselves are very ornate, usually carved a gilded and carrying a carved wooden saint or Christ. I always believed that the worship of graven images was forbidden but here it is the absolute norm.

That aside, Thursday morning is always the arrival of the Legionnaires. I find it odd that here religion is mixed up with the military.

For those of you interested I’m attaching some photos I took of the Legionnaires arriving and one or maybe two of a rather dishy looking policeman!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I confess that as an atheist, I loathe Easter. Where I live it is celebrated with a vengeance. Thursday and Friday are holidays and the city is crowded with sightseers who come to see the processions; enormous floats carried through the streets carried sometimes by hundreds of men. The floats themselves are very ornate, usually carved a gilded and carrying a carved wooden saint or Christ. I always believed that the worship of graven images was forbidden but here it is the absolute norm.

That aside, Thursday morning is always the arrival of the Legionnaires. I find it odd that here religion is mixed up with the military.

For those of you interested I’m attaching some photos I took of the Legionnaires arriving and one or maybe two of a rather dishy looking policeman!

I like the policeman :-) men in uniform do it for me :-P

WxmBJ Wrote:I used to play football but haven't played for years unfortunately I have a glass ankle :-(

Thats lame! What do you do for work btw? Tongue
[/COLOR]

LONDONER Wrote:I confess that as an atheist, I loathe Easter. Where I live it is celebrated with a vengeance. Thursday and Friday are holidays and the city is crowded with sightseers who come to see the processions; enormous floats carried through the streets carried sometimes by hundreds of men. The floats themselves are very ornate, usually carved a gilded and carrying a carved wooden saint or Christ. I always believed that the worship of graven images was forbidden but here it is the absolute norm.

The policeman. Woof Woof. :p