Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebooks vs paper books
I own an e reader but books are still the best. The feel of a book in your hand is a good feeling, turning the pages and getting lost in the book your reading.
An eye for an eye

The #1 reason why I prefer ebooks over paper is space. I simply don't have enough space at home for all the books I want. To me, ebooks were a God's send.

I use a few e-book since 8(?) years or a similar time, but I also continue reading paperbook. I want to buy a Kindle, and I hope that in the future the ebook reader will spread more and more, also for an ecological reason.

Paperbook are very good,but the convenience of ebooks and ebookreaders is evident.

it's ebooks for me, I love my nook color. plus if you're in college and your text book has an electronic copy then you can put it on your ereader. that and the nearest decent book store is an hour away Sad
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I assure you, 15-20 years from now the publishing companies will formulate a new venue to make you have to rebuy all your favorite books. All because you and millions of others didn't want to be bothered with a technology that actually worked, and worked so well it was around for centuries.

Interesting point.

I'm not so sure about that, compatibility is a magic word for computer engineers and they usually try to come up with solutions that won't exclude previously existing formats. Today I can easily download and play all those wonderful ZX Spectrum games on my PC.

But you do have a point there: technology is evolving so fast these days, who knows what the future brings?

I'm paper all the way too, its just not the same curling up with an electronic device. When books become obsolete they'll become cheaper so more for me.

One thing I'll give to paper is that it has a certain special intimacy to it. Our library archives have a velum manuscript from the middle ages that has a certain sour smell and aura to it because of its age. And there have been a few occasions I've managed to get my hands on a 2nd Folio Shakespeare and there's something special about that which an ebook will never be able to replicate; the sense that generations of people have handled and experienced these artifacts before you and protected them for the sake of posterity.

I have used a kindle DX now for some years. I will never go back to books. They now feel clumpsy, they are heavy, takes so much more effort.
It took me about 20 books on the Kindle to get comfortable. Now I love it

There's nothing like the smell and atmosphere of a book shop.

A few years ago someone disposed of many books of mine without my knowledge or consent. Some were from the 1800's, presents from friends and family and were signed with messages. An e-book will never compensate.

At the end of the day; when the internet crashes, electricity is lost to us, computers stop working, and/or the machines take over the world...
I'll still have all 5 of my copies of Alice in Wonderland.
But all you sucka's who only have it on your Kindle? You'll be screwed!! Mwahahaahaa!! Laugh

And besides, a 1st edition book is worth money. A 1st edition ebook isn't worth jack, cause there's no such thing :3

See, I make the points other people are too scared to! Truth hurts! Laugh