Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edward Snowden good or bad
do you think whistle blowers like Edward Snowden should be returned to the US?
do you think people like these are saints in an evil world?
[Image: Snowden-NSA.png]

new movie on this

reference Edward Snowden

What a coincidence, I am just reading this article

http://www.ibtimes.com/snowden-reveals-m...versations

I think that what he did was right. Some regulations are necessary in my opinion.

He did a good thing, The US broke International law!

artyboy Wrote:He did a good thing, The US broke International law!

Agreed, but I don't think that the US will take any notice of our opinions.

I believe he was right in what he did, too many governments believe that they can act outside the law for purported noble reasons. When a government is embarrassed or feels the need to hide decisions taken (without obviously giving away sensitive information) because of public reaction they are no longer behaving in an accountable manner. Governments too often follow secretive hidden agendas and do not represent the best interests of the people. Whistleblowers and a free press are essential in safeguarding the ordinary citizen's rights. Mass surveillance of people creates paranoia and engenders a police state.

It's silly that the US are able to stop him flying over European countries. They should've just tried to arrest him sooner if they really wanted to. They missed their chance, how come they're bullying European countries to not let Snowden through?

Not that the US are the only bad guys, I think the UK and other European states are just as bad for kowtowing to this pressure so easily. The states just need to accept their loss with this one and move on.

If there were thousands more like him in government offices, the government wouldnt be so corrupt.

He's a good boy.
And cute.

The gov't. Needs a reset button u.u

I believe he did the right thing.

He did the right thing.
An eye for an eye