Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Alma
I went to see this show on Saturday... It was flamenco. The Nuevo Ballet Español gave us a superb rendition of its style and culture... I was smiling all through (from pure enjoyment).
[Image: el-alma.jpg]

It is possible to see some references to the group and its choreographers and main dancers, ROJAS y RODRIGUEZ, on YouTube:

That looks like a fantastic show, ive never been to see any 'shows' always thaught they must have a fantastic atmosphere

Wow makes me wanna move hehe . Nice! the intensity and the rhythm reminds me a bit of the greek dances.

You know the girls' dresses (seen in the picture) didn't look terrific when they just stood still, but as soon as they started to dance and whirl, it was absolutely fantastic. You ought to see them if you can. I'll be posting other videos of these two young choreographers.

never seen this type of dance live but looks like great fun.

fjp999 Wrote:never seen this type of dance live but looks like great fun.
Did I tell you that the young choreographer and dancer (quite famous it seems in Spain) came out for a drink at the bar and I asked him to autograph my newly bought DVD, which he promptly did, so I was able to tell him how much I admired their work... He has gorgeous blue eyes... Lovely young man!!!

princealbertofb Wrote:Did I tell you that the young choreographer and dancer (quite famous it seems in Spain) came out for a drink at the bar and I asked him to autograph my newly bought DVD, which he promptly did, so I was able to tell him how much I admired their work... He has gorgeous blue eyes... Lovely young man!!!

what a great ending of a wonderful evening Wink

fjp999 Wrote:what a great ending of a wonderful evening Wink

Actually the great ending to that particular wonderful evening was as follows... My friends brought me back home, I asked them in for a night cap and as soon as they'd set foot in the apartment my stupid downstairs neighbour started making a noise meaning we were being too loud... We'd only crossed the threshold and she was there shaking the whole building with her tapping, stupid cow! We all had a good laugh!!! Then were quiet again.Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Actually the great ending to that particular wonderful evening was as follows... My friends brought me back home, I asked them in for a night cap and as soon as they'd set foot in the apartment my stupid downstairs neighbour started making a noise meaning we were being too loud... We'd only crossed the threshold and she was there shaking the whole building with her tapping, stupid cow! We all had a good laugh!!! Then were quiet again.Confusedmile:

We all imagined what she'd be saying if Messieurs Rojas and Rodriguez had been there tapping their feet and clapping their hands as in the video below... hahaha. What sort of fuss would she be making then?

princealbertofb Wrote:Actually the great ending to that particular wonderful evening was as follows... My friends brought me back home, I asked them in for a night cap and as soon as they'd set foot in the apartment my stupid downstairs neighbour started making a noise meaning we were being too loud... We'd only crossed the threshold and she was there shaking the whole building with her tapping, stupid cow! We all had a good laugh!!! Then were quiet again.Confusedmile:

Wow, your nite was never ending...

I had a neighbor like that who lived upstairs! He was a drunk and it was probably the pounding in his head he confused for our little noise. He complained that the music Yoji was playing in his storage room was bothering him. I could barely hear the music and I was in the next room :confused:

He threatened to kill us if we didnt quiet it down. We reported him the next day and he was gone soon Roflmao