Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Remember Truman Defeating Dewey
Ah, yes. The river Dyx. Many are the days I've sat near it, contemplated it, wondered what might be done with it, how to cross it, and, of course, to get a boat man to help me onto his Dyx. So many boatmen appeared at one point in my life that it was necessary to change Zip, Area and country codes. Not to mention the River Authority who launched a charge at me for causing a disruption on the river. Now I am the boatman, know well how to get on-and off-the river Dyx and am waiting for my next patron. The one who will say, "I've a penny for my passage so ferry me cross the river, do Boatman, do". I have yet to break my amateur status in helping people on to my Dyx so I cannot accept their money although I happily place them on board.

partis Wrote:Welcome to gs!

Neat owl. Reminds me of one English Naturalist, Gerald Durrell, had as a young boy when he lived on the island of Corfu. He called it Ulysses and ever since I read all his books, many of which included Ulysses, I've wanted an owl myself. I'm sure you will not be surprized to learn that many, really, most, take owl keeping for pleasure and amusement and companionship as odd, weird a wholly bad idea. Once, when I was living in Buenos Aires, an Ornero, an Argentine "oven bird" a ground burrowing owl were popular as unusual pets. Remember that part about "burrowing"? Even living on the 40th floor of a high rise condo, owls will burrow in the carpeting, the upholstery etc. Mine lived in a back yard where it could burrow to its heart content and, when I moved back to Europe, it had a good home and mice to catch. (not to imply that there are vermin in BA....)

Also, as the symbol of Athena, I find it useful in aphorisms when writing.

Charon

James Wrote:Thankyou for laying the ground work to be built upon, welcome to GaySpeak Sir

Truman took him in a downstate Illinois takedown.

welcome to gs

Ive always heard that owls shouldnt really be kept as pets, at least not by people who dont know how to look after them, they require a varied diet of small animals fed whole and generally not social birds who need large spaces to fly, they do not make good pets, they have evolved to hunt and be wild.

Due to the harry potter films, in india and uk there was a craze of people buying owls as pets, most of these are in bird centers or have been released into the wild… where they starve…

If this is true....
[COLOR="Red"]
I COULD EXPLODE FROM GREEN EYED JEALOUSY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
[/COLOR]

OH.....MY......GAWD!!!!! I worshiped Mae West before Doris Day came along, but she is still my one, true Hollywood Goddess of the universe!!!!!

At one point in my life, before my voice changed, I could sing like she did in her movies. Now, I tend to sound like Harvey Fierstein being kicked in the crotch.

Unfortunately, the closest I have ever gotten to meeting one of my icons, is when I ventured to Carmel, when I lived in CA for a bit. Was hoping to catch a glimpse of Ms. Day if she wandered out that day in town, but alas, no go.

Jealous. Definitely jealous beyond reason.......

[Image: She-Done-Him-Wrong-3.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv5fi_kvUCu_ootYxD1ey...SdVNfI36hw]

partis Wrote:Ive always heard that owls shouldnt really be kept as pets, at least not by people who dont know how to look after them, they require a varied diet of small animals fed whole and generally not social birds who need large spaces to fly, they do not make good pets, they have evolved to hunt and be wild.

Due to the harry potter films, in india and uk there was a craze of people buying owls as pets, most of these are in bird centers or have been released into the wild… where they starve…

You should have made this a separate thread.

Thats sad. Movies are responsible for the destruction of a lot of animals.

Hello and Welcome