Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elton John and David Furnish Finally have a child!
Elton John, David Furnish Have Son Via Surrogate

I am SO happy for those two guys! After being rejected for adopting the HIV-positive boy from Ukraine, they finally have a kid! They got the best Christmas gift EVAH!

Good luck to them. Parenthood is amazing, but I'm not sure I would want to take on such an exhausting responsibility at the age of 62!

After being in the same room as a grandson who spent most of Christmas day screaming I was glad to be able to hand him back. :redface:

congrats to the both of them there is going to be one spoiled child lol

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:congrats to the both of them there is going to be one spoiled child lol

Looolll, oh yes it will!! Big Grin

is Elton 62 ? how olds the child ?? are we talking below 3 years old,.... dont want to be a kill joy but if the kid is below a certain age then hes not gonna experience much family life before his dads are just getting too long in the tooth, hate to state the obvious but are they gonna run around the park with the child when they are 10 and they are 70 + = all the best to them honestly but i suppose they have nannys paid for to do that sort of thing - stil not the same for me

60 ain't what it used to be.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I think they can afford younger hired help to deal with the kid. A bit like in the olden days when the wealthier classes had nannies and governesses.

Uh huh, I mean come on it's Elton John...the kid's a new born baby. They ain't that old, and they are still pretty active. :]

Furnish is only 48, anyway. If Elton kicks the bucket early, he should hang around a bit longer.

I didn't see the interview, but I am reeling (despite my feelings expressed above) a little at reading the news that the BBC decided to create some sort of "debate" over the wonderful news of a new baby in the family. It seems the only live interview in the news bulletin a couple of days ago was with the odious Stephen Green who founded the horrible group, Christian Voice. Apparently the BEEB feel the inclusion of such anti-gay views (Green has previously publicly supported the homocidal government of Uganda's plans to introduce the death penalty for gays Stephen Green: “support Uganda” | HumanistLife) is in the interest of "balance!! That is outrageous :mad: I bet the BBC could easily find equally lunatic minority points of view regarding the breeding activities of, say, mixed race couples, poorly-educated, low-paid couples or even the Royal Family. I don't remember hearing an "alternative point of view" when an impending addition to the spongeing royals has ever been announced (it's okay, Fred, I know not all royal income comes from the civil list Wink ).

Exclusive- BBC: Gay execution supporter interview was required to ‘balance’ Elton John baby coverage - Pink News

Maybe I'm just feeling a little emotional. My eldest daughter had her first baby this morning Confusedmile: