Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elton John to marry David Furnish
East Wrote:^^^

It actually IS a big deal for a lot of people that do not have the protection of marriage. It isn't all about me....what happens to other people does affect me.
I have a conscience.

A couple who has been together almost as long as me and my lover...they were our friends...got into a car wreck and one died and the other was in a coma for six months and is paralyzed now. When he woke up and found his lover had died...he also found out the home and belongings and everything he ever owned was all gone. His lover's family had every legal right to take it away.

They wanted to get married but never had the chance.

Gay people like Elton John who insist it "isn't a big deal" are full of shit.

Just how into yourself can you be?

Well apparently very much into myself if you seem to feel the need to ask me so.

Thats all well and good and I do feel sorry for your pals, but honestly, how can you realistically believe one man to be a faulty cog in the gay marriage wheel?

Like I said, his Ideals and beliefs and whatever else are his and the fact that they oppose yours or anyone elses should not garner him the disrespect and belligerence that so called "progressive" gays so vehemently dislike.

Who knows, maybe his voice and opinion may count for something, but you are giving power to one individual, who realistically probably won't add up to much in the grand gay scheme of things.

And dont get me wrong kay, I dont believe in marriage for my personal reasons, but I dont condone the abolishment or inequality of it, for any fucking body. But I also dont judge people for the thoights, feelings and emotions they may have toward any given circumstance or thing. Not even you.

My whole point is, first of all, me as an Individual(which I am, so my apologies) dont understand the need to please everybody and say what everyone wants to hear. That just aint possible. But that everybody is entitled to feel how they do and not be persecuted for it out of social or progressive norms.

You can call me a black nigger, tell me pick cotton, call me a fag or any other offensive name, but to me it matters not. It is just a reflection on who you are as a person and to me, you don't need my reaction or judgement on the matter.

I get the whole scenario with your friends and what not, but thats their life, Elton did not kill them, nor should his opinions be made to be as such.

And neither should his marriage be ridiculed, just for the sake of spite.

Dischord and hate only begets dischord and hate. What sense is there to perpetuate?

Forgive me for "being into myself", but I literally care so much for people, that I know when to respect them for who they are and not what they say or believe.

Again forgive me, us Vain, self-centered young bitches should really learn from our elders, yes?
Coffee