Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embracing yourself
By far, the threads I started have been somewhat negative-ish, so I thought I'd focus on something more feel-good-ish.

Here's how I embrace myself:

1. I'm always learning.

2. I'm bilingual (English + French).

3. I have days when I feel like I'm beautiful, inside and out.

How do you embrace yourself?

A very nice idea, indeed..

1.- I am very good at my work, which is one aspect of life, but it has made me realize that at least somewhere I am necessary

2.- I am too a bilingual hehe, (that which I don't dare to speak in Spanish, I do it here in English...and it's very helpful)

3.- I am deeply flawed, and I will have not many problems in admiting it.....I never lose track of how far my flaws reach, so I know how to work them.

4.- I can escape it, I can hide it, I can wish I wasn't..but I am a homosexual, and all of you people know this....it's a start

I remember what the Divine Miss M sang............

Aww Mars;

Well to start;

1) I come from a homophobic culture and background, but LURVE Gays and Lesbians and all other queer peoples. Hell I am one and I love it <3

2) I used to hate my bi-raciality/skin colour, but have come to love and accept my ethnicity and roots. Not many people have the heritage I do, so I've learned to take pride in myself that way.

3) I love to learn, particularly History and Language, and know like 3 or 4 languages, so I guess that's embracing myself?

4) I embrace myself often through others, by helping where I can, cause it helps me in turn as well.

"Forever rebuilding the Temple" - TS. Elliot

I think there's more... but I can't think of them at the moment Coffee

I have nothing to write here other than that I fully embrace my homosexuality… wouldn’t have it any other way, in this life or the next…

MisterTinkles Wrote:[B]I remember what the Divine Miss M sang............

This from the 70's or 80's?

It's just funny, I'm listening to a Whitney Houston song right now, the radio stations that I grew up with (which were what my parents listened to) always played old songs so I had no idea that these songs were actually from decades ago until I was a teenager haha

And for the record, I've never heard this song before but I'm loving it Wink

Bluelight Wrote:This from the 70's or 80's?

It's just funny, I'm listening to a Whitney Houston song right now, the radio stations that I grew up with (which were what my parents listened to) always played old songs so I had no idea that these songs were actually from decades ago until I was a teenager haha

No, this is from the early 2000's....possibly from the late 90's.

MisterTinkles Wrote:No, this is from the early 2000's....possibly from the late 90's.

That late? Well, my poor musical intuition told me earlier... oh well, I've never been musically inclined anyway haha

Hm.. lets see..

1. I like to try new things, from food, clothes, going to different places,
music.. etc. I know some people who don't really like to divert from their
norm, so I like to think that this is a good quality of mine. I'd try it once that's
for sure.

2. I'm pretty creative, I like to keep busy making things. Painting, wire-stuff,
clay stuff.. etc. I'm my own worst critic though, but I think most creative people
are.

3. …brain fart… !? D:

..will come back and add more if I remember any more ;D

I have always embraced myself...

Yes im bilingual as well, english then filipino..and it would be easy for me to learn spanish as well..

I think I'm kind and respectful of people... (You can disagree if you like, hehe)

i have talent in arts and music. And..i did well in school, got commemdations for my work though i'm a newbie.

There are lots to appreciate in ourselves only if we dont compare ourselves to other people...