Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency! Info needed quick
CardShark Wrote:I cant say i've ever stored eggs in the fridge, I leave them on the side.

Wasn't aware that keeping eggs cool would increase their lifespan?

Unless your talking about hardboiled?

Mine live in the fridge Im not sure why - just how its always been done!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I know this probably isnt helpfull but If i were you Id have a helluva omlet and throw the rest away, 1 dozen eggs = like 98 cent to 2$ here. the Vaseline's more expensive. If you got room in the freezer perhaps hard boil the eggs and make egg salad and stick it in the freezer? (or take it with you for a sandwich on your trip in a cooler? To be honest what your talking about doing is super weird ive NEVER HEARD of it being done in part due to egg cheapness and shelf life (very long). If I were faced with a no room in the fridge problem it would mean my fridge needed cleaning out also people round here that grow their own eggs those eggs don't HAVE to be refrigerated Smile so the whole vaseline in the sink deal I dont see how its really beneficial for preparedness in a age of canned foodstuffs, powders / packaged goods that remain good almost indefinably.

CardShark Wrote:I cant say i've ever stored eggs in the fridge, I leave them on the side.

Wasn't aware that keeping eggs cool would increase their lifespan?

Unless your talking about hardboiled?

You only have to put eggs in the fridge if they have been previously chilled or washed. My parents have chickens and they keep their eggs in a small bowl on the counter to save room in the fridge. Tongue

I often crack a case of eggs into a clean soda bottle (prescrambled). They keep well and are VERY convenient for pouring for breakfast. They are also great to carry in the cooler for camping trips and hotel stays. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I fail to see why you want to blame me.

Tsk tsk.

No vaseline the eggs - it doesn't end well.

You can actually use just a plastic bag, let the weight of the eggs push the bag down, the water will push out most of the air. If you use a ziplock bag you just zip it closed. If you are using a regular plastic bag tie it off.

BTW it was bees wax that they would use to seal up eggs for long term storage in water. A block of semi-soft wax rubbing it all over the egg.

Water will seep into the eggs if you just put them in water for a long time. I've never heard of using Vaseline, but it should work as long as they're completely coated. Plastic bags, or balloons (condoms) would be better.

swalter Wrote:Water will seep into the eggs....condoms would be better.

Your thinking of the wrong kind of eggs Sw Rofl

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:Your thinking of the wrong kind of eggs Sw Rofl

ObW
X
Wrong kind of egg? What the hell are we talking about here?