Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotional abuse?
Wow, thank you everyone for the responses. It's encouraging to read what you all have to say and I appreciate the support, even the harsh support (thanks, bluerealm :Wink:.). I know what I have to do and I'm making moves to get my emotional state in order; 2 years is enough of this crap. Anyways, thanks again and hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!

You say you're going to be alone. I say you're already alone. He's not your boyfriend. One of the great things about being alone is you are then available to find someone who's good for you. Congratulations on your growing self-respect.

I have never ever being in an abuse relationship because that is one thing I will not tolerate, I don't care how good looking or good in bed he may be! these days there is so much awareness and available information about all sorts of abuse in a relationship, that I can't conceive how anyone in their right mind would find it difficult to walk away from it!?

I hate to tell you this but I must.....

There is a reason why you are attracted to him....find out what it is. You need to own it before someone else does....

I had a very emotionally and mentally abusive relationship and for me...it was inevitable. He was a combination of my mom and dad and at the time I had never given growth or self love a second thought...I was "used to" this kind of behavior....it was normal....

The way out for me was to own that it was my choice and I rejected lots of nice men to be with him. I also stopped telling the lie about my family and keeping their secrets. The truth really DOES set you free...

So.... I fought back. He took me apart every day for fun...tried to isolate me from everyone (which was a huge failure LOL)...he tried to pit me against anyone I knew...tore them apart...beat me down for sport.....

When I got past each one of his little gifts and he had no more control...he decided to fuck my arch enemy on top of the bar to a cheering crowd right before I came to work. It was about control.

It was one of the worst and best moments of my life. Worst because he tore me down and exposed me to what I was most afraid of...best because instead of being a victim I owned that I chose him and ignored all of his bullshit and DUH...a sociopathic asshole has got to be what he is.....

In the end..he was furious that I wasn't broken down...and then I forgave him so I didn't spend any time hating him as he had enough of my time...

He freed me from my self destructive path and freed me from pretending I loved or even liked my parents...

You don't have to go through all of that though...you can do it with few bumps and bruises if you take time to figure out why you are attracted to him.....your foundation...

They know exactly who to pick...I can promise you that much.....