Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotional detachment from people
lokilol Wrote:..but i do question, "Am I capable of love?"
1. So I wonder does anyone share these thoughts?
2. Do you generally feel un attached from people you date/sleep with?
3. Did your love/feelings take time to develop?

1. Yep I do
2. I've never been on a date
3. (can't answer at this point LOL)

maybe you have aspergers

You could be getting over or going through a difficult time which has caused you to feel numb. You should seek professional help.

HollandofFrance Wrote:maybe you have aspergers

OMG , I cannot believe you just said that.

Why would you throw such a thing around ; have you completely taken leave of your senses?
Do you know this person on a personal level ?

People with A.S are capable of love.
They are also capable of being the most brilliant thinkers of the century.

lokilol... are you really a Pisces? I'm just curious; I'd be really shocked if you are. :O

Onto topic:
I don't think you should worry too much about it. Some people are less emotional than others, and it's all perfectly normal and part of the uniqueness of human feelings.
I think your emotions will come; just at a later date. When they do, the feeling will be most amazing. Not only because that sense of emotions from love is so great itself, but also because you're not entirely sure how that feels. So that sense of something new and surprising will make it that much better. ^_^
So... that's exciting. Smile

Hello,
Love is something that cannot be rushed.. You may have felt like you havent ever been in love but to be honest if you had someone you cared for when you was younger that you wanted to be their partner thats a form of lust which grows into love

KLindest regards

zeon x

I think I can relate to what you're going through, at least somewhat, though I'm not really sure if it's for the same reasons or not. I've also always found myself with very little ability to connect to people emotionally. It's not to say that I don't feel like I have any emotions, so much as I've always kept them to myself, and feel VERY uncomfortable talking about them to anyone. People have often described me as stoic, which I think is pretty accurate. However, the older I got, and the more I had on my plate to deal with, the harder and harder it was for me to keep my feelings to myself, and I also started to feel very lonely (even though I have a lot of friends, I've never really felt that close with any of them).

I finally started to wonder why it was that I found it so hard to connect with people. I'm generally fairly capable of talking to people and making friends. I'm a very caring person in that I really do care about the well being of others, even of strangers. I started to self diagnose myself with a string of mental disorders, from anxiety, to personality disorders, and honestly was driving my own self insane. Finally, I realized something pretty profound about myself. I'm a very independent person, and also very guarded, so letting people in is something I'm not good at, or comfortable with, but it is also something absolutely necessary to me being happy. In my desire to classify what was wrong with me, I realized that I was really just looking for more excuses not to do the thing that I struggled with the most, and was the most scared to do, which is open myself up to people. I realized that there isn't anything wrong with me, and I, like every other person in this world, have strengths and weaknesses. I have things I need to work on, and I can't expect them to get better unless I actually admit that I'm the one holding myself back.

I can't say that you're making excuses for yourself, or even if you find it necessary to get over this problem (though that's unlikely as why would you make a topic about it if you didn't want to fix it?). If you think you are, however, then I would highly recommend trying to put yourself out there more. Maybe with your family first, or maybe with just a couple friends who you know to be more trust-worthy. Maybe even with just some random people on the internet. But do it, even if it makes you uncomfortable. Even if by opening up, you think you sound whiny and annoying (that's what I thought). But don't keep everything to yourself. It's just not a healthy way to live at all. I'm now dating someone (I've date quite a few guys, but have never really developed any deep love for them, and in some cases nothing at all). I can't say whether he's the one for me, or anything will come of it, but I am making an honest attempt at actually letting him in, and so far, while really stressful, it is very rewarding. I hope you can do the same with someone, as I think once I finally find it, being in love will be one of the most rewarding things I can do with my life, and I think most people would agree. Hope my post helps! Smile
PS. sorry bout the length Tongue

Got my Wires crossed :-S

Yea, I actually do feel this....but be glad that you don't feel this on the emotional AND intellectual levels....Be gay, intelligent, and surprisingly NOT cock/boy crazy, and add a dash of Hopeless romantic to the dish and you'll have me...lol

I thought about how cool/romantic it'd be just to have a guy to just have fun with, and go home, and watch a movie, and yea, "wrap up" with....lol :biggrin:

But I guess I'm too smart for my own good, and too romantic to be any good! lol