Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotionless on anti-depressants?
My anti-depressants are making me feel emotionless kind of. Torwards everything. Im not being lovey dovey with my gf as much as I was. im more tired and sleeping in more. slept in until 11 the other day when im usually up around 8. Is this the antidepressants?

Speak to your doctor, might be able to change which anti-depressants you're on

I'm not a doctor, but I can speak from personal experience on this to try to relate. I've been on one anti-depressant that did exactly that to me. Tell your doctor what's happening so you can get something else prescribed, because I can tell you from my own personal experience that the zombie lifestyle from the wrong medication is not the way to live life. Sure, you might not feel as down as you would otherwise, but life does require some fluctuation of emotion.

First time I was ever on anti-D's, I got exactly the same results.

I think you have to get used to the effects, before you can have a normal day. "Normal" that is.

I have a friend who's on anti-depressants and had the same issue at first. It took a few different medications and dosages to find the right one, but she feels much better now. Definitely talk to your doctor. You shouldn't have to feel like a zombie.

Exactly what happened to me when I started taking mine, which is why I don't take them anymore. I would rather be depressed sometimes instead of having no emotions whatsoever

My bout with antidepressants ended with a suicide... and resuscitation...

Anyone on antidepressants who have any uncomfortable or odd 'moods' or thoughts need to contact their doctor immediately and bring it to the doctor's attention.

And do be very careful when doctor switches over to the next one... Seriously you can be toodling along and your life will suddenly tank... Doctor won't know it until you tell him/her and they need to know as soon as you start feeling anything along these lines.

Tyrion Wrote:I have a friend who's on anti-depressants and had the same issue at first. It took a few different medications and dosages to find the right one, but she feels much better now. Definitely talk to your doctor. You shouldn't have to feel like a zombie.

Sometimes feeling like a zombie is what gets me through a day of brain dead morons.

Tanks guys. I just unsure of what to o. I have way to many emotions going on at once. I do not like this and I would like something done. I have no idea what to do.

Anything from the benzodiazepines family will have that kind of side effect.

Any GABA receptor agonist will be activating an inhibitory response.

In Christian: these meds where meant to tone you down.

Your issue has a lot to do with anxiety and that anxiety needs to be tackled, unfortunately it will tackle the rest of you for a while.

Go to your therapist and ask for an alternative medication, with less side effects.

You can also be adviced to lower the dosis.

But your OCD and derived issues with anxiety need medical treatment.