Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotions
I find it hard to show emotions and I am afraid to cry, this year has been the worst of my life. I also bottle up my feelings. Do you think it's right not to show emotions and to suffer in silence and just to get on with things.
An eye for an eye

If I'm in a really horrible mood, I might cry.
There was a time a few years back I was in such a mood, and cried lots when I did cry.
But most of the time my emotions is pretty much on the happy side.
I was very depressed 2 years ago, around the end of the year. But that changed when I started working.
Now the emotions people will see me showing is me being happy, and angry(mostly at my brother Tongue).

But, yeah it's fine to show your emotions, no matter what they are.
In some places, kids are told that showing the angry emotion is bad. It's most definitly not bad to show that. Just don't starting hitting people Tongue

I make an effort to not show emotions, if Im upset I dont want people to know, if I cant control my emotions I walk away until I can.

Its one of the reasons I HATE funerals, I cry like a big baby and it takes all my effort not to sob. My grandfathers funeral, I had to avoid everyone for several minutes on several occasions to regain my composure, my dad knew what I was doing though and came over and told me it would be alright... Thats when things went from bad to worse, much worse, a few escaping tears became a flow, sniffy nose became a runny one and started to get muscle spasms in my stomach. ugh

When I get pissed though I find people generally notice, I dont say anything bad or controversial I guess its a facial expression or voice tone. So even though I TRY not to show emotions I guess Im pretty bad at it Wink.

Quite frankly, I'm a very emotional person. Which is irritating to admit (oh, look at that, an emotion)

I make a fine job most of the time in keeping all that under control. I manage that just fine and everyone I know would tell you I'm indifferent, cold, etc.

Out there you're expected to behave and be composed, to do your work and take it all, put the other cheek and keep getting shit rained all over you without so much as a blink. Oh and men don't cry blah blah blah. You have to be in a calm state to do what you need.

I like being stable, composed and well behaved. I've been that way for many years. Not this one, though.

Sometimes, you just can't.

Recently I've been unstable as all hell and I haven't been very interested in controlling my emotions. Sure enough I've had my nights of bawling my eyes out, yelling at my wall, punching it, having angry rants, indulging in the good ol' alcohol, which leads to ever less control on myself etc, etc.

Sometimes you just need to get all that out. Preferably, either on your own or around people that you trust and can understand you. You do have to control yourself in certain contexts.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Dan1980 Wrote:I find it hard to show emotions and I am afraid to cry, this year has been the worst of my life. I also bottle up my feelings. Do you think it's right not to show emotions and to suffer in silence and just to get on with things.

I can relate to this.

I hid and still do to an extent, hide my emotions. It is very old school thinking that a man should not show emotions, old school and wrong.

BUT having grown up with that stigma it is hard to break that mould. Bottling emotions is not a good thing, it can lead to all sorts of issues and often a let down ensues as the emotions become overwhelming.

I don't think it is right to suffer in silence, I think you have to let go, let it happen and once you have worn your emotions on your sleeve, move on and get on with life.