Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empath Confesses
In life, we were all born with a gift of some kind... but I was not expecting the one I was born with. Im an Empath.

When I met my partner 6 years ago, I failed to tell him that I was an Empath and that I could sense and feel everything he was thinking, feeling ect.

There have been times when he had been in a bad mood, and I kinda figured it was at me (once or twice) and I discovered he was born with an illness. Basically, the illness triggers his bad mood every so often.

I finally confessed to him about a year ago. He was fine with it, apart from feeling peeved I had not told him before. When we go out shopping now it can be a lot of fun (sort of... I am terrified of the outdoors, and have to get home fast.) I once told him someone was giving him "the eye" and he turned to me and said "What?! You can tell if someone fancies me???" at which point he went bright red!

So.. for not confessing sooner, I wish to apologise to my partner.

[COLOR="Purple"]I must say that is one of the most fascinating confessions I have ever read. Congrats on it all working out.

What made you confess at that point?

Are you terrified of the outdoors because you are an Empath?[/COLOR]

I too can sense things my partner is thinking and feeling but I just call it being compatible and in a loving relationship. They say that 2 become 1 and it is true. Its not often that one of us miss judges the others mood or thinking.

U may B watching 2 much STAR TREK or HEROES! BUT 1 thing that IS true is that most of us only use a small percentage of our brain! so if some1 were somehow 2 access the rest of it what powers would we have? something 2 think about.

To be honest, I felt it the right time to confess. He (my partner) had done so much for me... what with helping me through an illness, I felt guilty inside and knew I had to confess.

It's partially the Empath side that stops me going out. The other part that stops me going out is problems I had been through before I met this partner. It was all to do with an ex... and I still have severe nightmares now.

I have to be honest here, and mention that my partner does have mood swings.. one day he can be fine, but then there are times when I feel inside that he is about to launch a few days of anger at me. Sure enough, it happens... and I feel miserable.

I would leave him, only I can't. It's a long story... but in short... I am trapped here. I love him, yes... and I want to be with him for the rest of my days. But.. I can't go through what I went through before. I wish I could tell you what happened before, but I just can't talk about it. It's bad enough now suffering the nightmares.

I know its odd saying im an Empath... and there are times when I feel daft for mentioning it. But, its something I have to live with lol.

quick update:

Went to go outside for a crafty ciggy to calm the nerves, and try to take a short walk (partner is too busy on his computer to notice) up this path that leads to a dog walking field.

I got under halfway up there, and started shaking uncontrollably. Had to head straight back. Sad, eh? :eek::redface: