Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empire
I will keep it in mind.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Is no one watching this anymore?

The drama on this show. I love it. Its like when the Walking Dead leaves you all high and dry, Empire will come and bury you, in wetness. Or whatever the opposite of high and dry is. Satis-fucking-faction.

I don't know how much of a realistic portrayal it is, it's very melodramatic. But that's what I like I about it, how kind of crazy and off the wall it is. It's entertaining, it doesn't take itself too seriously. There's definitely an attempt to talk about serious issues like homosexuality and masculinity, family dynamics, crime, mental illness though. But it's more soap opera than documentary, I guess is what I'm getting at.

Id recommend it - and not just for black or gay or hip hop audiences. It has enough of a story, enough drama and all that to appeal to a much broader audience. In a lot of ways the same kind of things that drew me in with Game of Thrones is what drew me into Empire too. The battle for power, the consequences of actions, never knowing who to trust, who is on your side, who is about to back stab you.

This past weeks episode was one of the best I think. The music, the storyline, the 40 second gay hook up scene. This season in general has been on point. But I can never seem to find people to talk about it with.

Am I the only one still watching this?

I have not seen Empire, however if its similar to Game of Thrones (possibly my favorite T.V. show) I will give it a shot! Upon your recommendation Tongue.

Very cool at the beginning, then I dropped it at half of the 2nd series. Same things again and again, but maybe I'll restart it a bit to see those bitches like Naomi, Blondhottie, Booboopussy etc.