Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enders Game - paying money to a homophobe
The movie wasn't all that good. Card developed from a promising author in the 80's to a bit of a mad hack who produces stale rubbish lately. He rewrote Hamlet into a homophobic piece of garbage that basically argued that gay men are pedophiles and all gay men were also molested as children.

If you wanna watch a movie and you don't want to payfor it, there's still a solution huh !

Orson Scott Card... what a cunt.

Wade Wrote:Orson Scott Card... what a cunt.

WHAT were his parents snorting when they came up with that name anyway?????
Sounds like something you would call a mongrel mutt.

Lilitu Wrote:I don't think it's quite the right platform for the gay rights issue... xD because what if your favourite movie/book/restaurant/sandwich is suddenly homophobic??

I'm still gonna eat my food.
You, and others, but not eveyone, for sure.

I agree with you, recently restaurant (but also giant corporations like IKEA) are doing a campaign pro-LGBT, it's about evolution, more people isn't homophobic etc. But it's also marketing, a huge marketing, if you believe it or not.

And I also have an example, do you know BARILLA? It's the biggest and more important food company in Italy, and probably the worldwide leader in what concern pasta.

Recently, less than 3 months ago the CEO was asked about this kind of commercial (pro LGBT), why Barilla doesn't use this kind of family etc. The homophobic answer, about the concept of 'sacral and traditional family' caused a huge controversy.
Quote:"We won’t include gays in our ads, because we like the traditional family. If gays don’t like it, they can always eat another brand of pasta. Everyone is free to do what they want, provided it doesn’t bother anyone else.”
I mean huge.
Barilla's divisions all around the world takes the distance from this opinion to retain the commercial damage.
In italy, but I think everywhere, the competitors of Barilla started with a pro-commercial campaign. In italy comparative marketing isn't legal, but in this case, everyone already knows what and why... And seems that some other brands are now powerful than in the past. Only for a phrase of a rival.
Now Mr. Barilla issued a series of apologise, but we will see the effective commercial damage at the end of the year.

There is a movie?

I haven't even read the books yet, though I did download them.

I just bought tickets, so whatever. It's just a movie.

Never heard of the movie nor the book,
but knowing of it now with the knowledge that the creator is a homophobe,
I don't care to learn about it or go see the movie...

My money and time can be spent on products or services
in which the founders of are either neutral
or avid supporters to the concept of my existence.