Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Drinks
I'm a fan of red bull and NOS. Monster and Rockstar are ok but I actually crash sooner with those.

I usually don't drink energy drinks...Some of the ingredients freak me out... I do drink copious amounts of coffee however.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Maybe you should try them. I just recently hear that taurine, an ingredient in some energy drinks, is derived from bull semen. Taurus/taurine, get it?

It is made artificially these days but its the thought that counts.

Also, you might want to look up the thoughts of Michael Pollan [Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.] on coffee. Quite interesting. He considers it to be an OK drug.
I bid NO Trump!

Yeah I've looked a lot into Pollan's stuff. There seems to be two factions, the low-carb guys (keto included) and then the plant based guys....

I think the primary problem is we eat too much. There's a new episode of NOVA that just came out, The Truth About Fat and although I haven't finished watching it yet, here something interesting. One of the last remaining hunter gatherers on Earth walk over 9 miles a day to hunt and yet they burn the same number of calories as the average American. Of course the average American doesn't walk 9 miles...or have to hunt for food.

The other half of the episode I'm sure will talk a lot about sugar...

Oh by the way, I did lose 43 lbs on keto. Problem is that I got off the diet in the winter once Thanksgiving and Christmas and so on happened. So I have gained most if not all back....now we have a pandemic and it is even more difficult to get enough exercise.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!