Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engagement rings?
No, I don't plan on proposing hahahahaha But something comes to my mind when I see pictures of gay couples getting married on social networks, and that is the engagement ring.

I can't picture a man wearing a gigantic rock on his hand like women do, not even the most effeminate guy I know. So how does it work?

Do both grooms wear a ring, is there even a ring, does the bottom wear it, is my question too stupid, I don't know!

Why do you associate rings with gigantic rocks? Marriage rings are usually plain and simple without any rocks. Both grooms usually do wear them.

That last part about the bottom wearing the ring is pretty stupid. But no, the gay couples I know who have gotten married don't do big, diamond-clad rings like a man would traditionally give to a woman; they didn't do engagement rings, only simple wedding bands exchanged at the ceremony. There's no rule that says a man couldn't get his fiancé a typical engagement ring, but I haven't seen it.

I always wanted simple silver bands for both as engagement rings, then the gold bands for the ceremony. <3

swalter Wrote:That last part about the bottom wearing the ring is pretty stupid.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I don't know many gay people to get any idea from it and I'm pretty stuck with stereotypes. Sorry Smile

Lol don't apologize bro. I'm just busting balls Tongue

Well Bravo, I am married to my dude... and although I could have go overboard... My husband and I got quite a simple ring set... although I did went a little overboard because it does have a line of diamonds on both and my ring is engraved Alex and his Is engraved with my name. So no Bravo there's not a different rings for both and yes both get a ring. And the ring is really our choice, we don't really need one... but a wedding is a wedding.

And really Bravo, there are gay couples that are versatile (like me and my husband) this mean that we take turns of whom getting in each other's ass.

You want the best? I married in a church and we were pronounced husbands by an actual catholic priest. Yes, I pulled some serious strings and it did cost me, but I wanted to make a stand and I did. Interracial Gay wedding in a church by a catholic priest. Smile

If I am lucky enough to meet someone and we get engaged, this is the ring I would want.

[Image: 386_rainbow-ring.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:If I am lucky enough to meet someone and we get engaged, this is the ring I would want.

[Image: 386_rainbow-ring.jpg]

LOL

Dogrun