Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England - 2nd COVID Lockdown from Thursday 5th November! :(
I can't believe that Trump supporters have resorted to blocking highways in order to prevent people from going to vote and trying to run Biden/Harris bus off the road. To me that's sad, when one side wants to suppress the other, that means we no longer want nor deserve democracy. All I can say is that I hope the higher turnout is showing up for Biden.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This thread has turned from lockdown in the UK to the USA election.

Whoever wins has a long, hard task ahead of him.  It is some measure of how broken American society is that commercial premises are being boarded up because riots are expected.  I can't see Democrat supporters rioting if Biden doesn't win but Trump will undoubtedly encourage his supporters to express their dissatisfaction if he loses, and this from a man who advocates law and order.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

(11-03-2020, 05:07 PM)LONDONER Wrote: This thread has turned from lockdown in the UK to the USA election.

Oops :/

Perhaps it is the need of an actual lockdown in the US....but half the population is a bunch of crybabies about wearing masks---unless it is cold outside.

But you're right, I mean it's already happening. Blocking roads, running vehicles off roads... This is why I don't put political bumper stickers on my car. Bad enough that I drive a Prius around...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Hope all my Brit friends are doing ok during lockdown!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • andy

(11-03-2020, 07:15 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: Hope all my Brit friends are doing ok during lockdown!

You'll know nearer the end of the month when they'll have either survived or gone completely mad!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • andy

(11-03-2020, 10:39 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:15 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: Hope all my Brit friends are doing ok during lockdown!

You'll know nearer the end of the month when they'll have either survived or gone completely mad!

madder - you mean?
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • andy

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jmxe15gxksq2m7hcy3...=giphy.gif]

Big Grin
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Ironically enough - the people who complained loudest about the lockdowns were also the anti maskers - uh - um- uh - the reason we will have MORE lockdowns is because you guys won't wear masks and will spread the disease so we have to shut down.

I expect the lock down here too soon enough - and I also expect again the same people who caused the continued spread of the disease will protest the loudest.

@eastofeden I agree, we need one here.... 120,000 cases per day is insane. There are really three ways a pandemic will end...either the virus runs out of people to infect, it ends medically either because we make a vaccine or it mutates into something less harmful or it ends socially because we learn to live with it or stop caring. I do worry that there is a significant number of people who will defy a stay at home mandate because they want life to continue as normal, we've already seen that and frankly it will be much more difficult or impossible to get the spread under control at this point. It's sad, I know both people who got it and those who lost someone to it...hopefully I am wrong though. I'd like to think people have more compassion than what there appears to be.
Check out my stuff!