Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England or Netherlands?
As a gay person who wants to get married and everything (and im not talking about a religious marriage, im talking about a legal marriage with adoption rights and health insurance and everything). I want to go to another country for college and im thinking about staying in there. Which one would you suggest? Netherlands or England?

English universities can be pretty expensive and I've heard that it's pretty cheap for international students to study in the Netherlands. I'm not sure though so you should probably look it up just in case! Smile

Although in the end I think you should aim for the country you prefer, even if England might be a bit tougher. Good luck!

Marriage and rights depend on citizenship, not on where you happen to live for a while.

Thus you are going to need to consider a serious change in status from being merely a visitor on a visa to being a citizen.

As such, you may want to contemplate longer term goals here.

As for university/college. I thing ultimate it depends on what you want to study. And find the best school for that subject over what seeming rights you 'gain' from living somewhere.

I personally don't care about marriage legal or other wise. I personally don't want kids, but hey who knows what the future holds for me Smile

And for country. I'v always gotten on better with people as english not as their fist language. So netherlands!

I would prefer Netherlands, but that is just because I have always wanted to travel through there. I tend to go for countries that have a different culture and to me England is just a cold, windy version of Australia with a pommy accent.

dfiant Wrote:I would prefer Netherlands, but that is just because I have always wanted to travel through there. I tend to go for countries that have a different culture and to me England is just a cold, windy version of Australia with a pommy accent.

The word you're looking for is "refined"! Rofl

was it? since when did refined mean second best? Kiss-my-ass

Lol sorry I don't mean to offend but the way you phrased that question made it sound like England and the Netherlands were the only countries XD

"I want to go to another country for college and im thinking about staying in there. Which one would you suggest? Netherlands or England?"

LOL xD

Personally, just from what I've heard I'd choose the Netherlands. It sounds like such a safe country.

I only can speak turkish and english thats why i wanted to go to england, america, austuralia or canada but england seemed like a little better than the others. And america is my last choice. But whenever i ask people about this subject they're always suggesting me to go netherlands. I don't think they speak english in there, i mean i know its the universal language but still..

Rumble88, English is widely and well spoken in The Netherlands. There are even university courses conducted in English to attract British students who can study over there cheaper than they can in the UK. This may not be true for the courses that you want to study so do check.

The UK has become a very expensive place to get an education, there is even the prospect of universities shutting down courses and whole departments because foreign students have been both priced out and scared off by the government and its propaganda arm the Daily Mail creating a massive panic about student's immigration status. This when they're paying more than £10,000 a year for what can be a piss-poor course, unless you choose very carefully.

Go to the Netherlands, there is some prospect they still have an idea of the value of an education rather than just the price of one.