Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolling at a gym
I was going to enrole in a gym very close to where I live and that is due to open in October. I was put off almost immadiately when the girl wanted to explain the gym to me and opened a brochure. Almost immediately I was confronted by the word "Wellness". I knew what it was trying to say but I asked her what it meant. She looked at me quizzicly for a moment and then turned to her companion. Her companion looked at me and I asked again. She said that it meant "bienestar" (wellbeing) and then I asked her why, if there was a perfectlñy good word in Spanish why were they using a word that it seems someone has made up from cod English? She couldn't answer.

Thy gym no doubt be very well equipped: two inside swimming pools, one outside, 6 paddle courts, four rooms devoted to things like spinning, Pilates,etc., a fitness zone devoted to the latest machines, restaurant, hair dresser, physiotherapy[, sauna etc.

When it came to prices, they wanted 100 Euros/£85/$135 to enrole and then 59 Euros/£50/$80 monthly that would be taken automatically from your bank account whether you used the gym or not!

Since my object in wanting to go to a gym is to gain weight , I would only use the weights room, there seemed little point in paying out so much to use maybe just 10% of the facilities. Enrolling at this gym would have meant that I would have lost weight.........from my pocket! So, I will find another, more reasonable gym.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well, you could always go to gyms at universities and colleges. I know some universities never check for student id card, so long as you look like a grad or undergrad student, you will be fine.

Waylon777 Wrote:Well, you could always go to gyms at universities and colleges. I know some universities never check for student id card, so long as you look like a grad or undergrad student, you will be fine.

Not an option Waylon, they would be too far away and I would have to use the car, something that I am reluctant to do unless it is absolutely essential. In any case, there is absolutely no way that anyone is going to take me for a student. There is a smaller gym about ten minutes walk away.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That sucks, and thats totally expensive.

The Golds Gym that I go to is pretty basic, but it has everything I need.
I mean it has amenities that I don't use, but for the most part I use a good
portion of the gym.

I paid around $300 for 14 months and I have access to everything, a one
free gym consultation from a trainer and no monthly fee's.

I never understood gyms that makes you pay for a membership, then ask
you to pay every month.. weird.

Hopefully you find something better!

wow that's expensive,, how do they expect to attract customers !!! surely there's a more reasonable price gym to be found in your area im sure - I live in the north of England which I know is cheaper than a lot of the uk but I did pay £15 per month to my local gym which is a part of a council run branch but ive just upgraded to £22 per month to include all gyms inc the main town one with free spars ,sauna, steam room and everything from squash to badminton incuded - shop around m8 and deffo ask about ditching the joining fee which my gym did for me no problem