Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epiphany
So today was the day. I woke up, got dressed and went off to face my ex in court. Ever since our horribly messy breakup I've been depressed, angry, and miserable. But seeing him today, standing there all sexy, confident, and charming as always made me realize something. I really am better off. Somehow I could just see right through his fake shit that usually fools me, maybe its because I've gotten a taste of life on my own finally, I don't know. I've got amazing friends who have helped me through this, and taught me the real meaning of family as well as the fact that being single isn't the end of the world. I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself, like I can actually do things on my own. I don't need to be taken care of, I can do this. Court didn't go like I hoped, but it doesn't really matter. I'm ready to start focusing on myself for awhile and stop feeling sorry for myself. It's time for me to put on my big boy boots and start living life to the fullest.

Lots of people post here asking for advice about some terrible predicaments so it's good to read about a situation that's resolving with the main actor coming out of it well.

Frequently when reading the cases of peoples misfortune I think to myself, "you need to pull your socks up young man". I never advise that because it's always wrong and never ever going to be helpful, but my inclination to give everyone a voice including my inner misanthrope requires that I hear it. On rare occasions I might be able to offer something useful or at least sympathetic.

Your situation presents me with a unique opportunity, therefore. You're confident, looking to the future with high expectations, having put unpleasantness behind you and learned from the experience. Such a mood is unlikely to be dented by what I have to say...
You need to pull your socks up, young man and get your act together.

Obviously you need do neither of these things, but thank you for giving me the chance to say it in circumstances where it shouldn't do too much harm. That nasty little voice saying, "tell him to pull his socks up" has at last found his way into print. Perhaps now he'll shut up.

It's always good to hear that things are going well for someone, and you may even have helped me out. Now get off my lawn (damn!).

Grey, that's a happy and strong post. Congratulations on finding your own truth... You're right that the family you've created for yourself will always be more important than any bullsh*tter.

Cardigan, lol. It's nice to get something off one's chest too, isn't it? :biggrin:

PS, I'm not often tempted to be unkind or uncaring to people... but tough love can sometimes prod someone into action, just like a nasty breakup can prod someone to seek better pastures and to dump the hardships.

It's nice to see good news, I know this line is cheese but I'll say it "when one door closes another opens".

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStvb-fxYer7gXwN4EPybS...zg5J1aJ_nr]

This was most refreshing to read. Personally, if it takes that much to realize something good in a person, then so be it. Hope more positive situations come for you!

That's awesome to read and happy that you've learned something about not just him but yourself. It just reinforces my belief that a pretty wrapping doesn't necessarily a mean pretty gift (of course it can, though - nothing inherently wrong with pretty wrapping!)