Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equestrian
Any guys interested in horses on this site ? I compete in many different eareas of equestrian.

I'm supposed to be a lover of horses, but that's more my brother's domain. Sorry, can't help you in this thread. But horses are wonderful beasts... Could you tell us more about your competitions?

Well my main focus is Dressage then showjumping/hunters and three day eventing. I also compete in QH and Arab Halter and pretty much every flat class out there. I compete in reining and western pleasure cutting working cow Roping and i used to ride rough stock . I currently own and operate my own buisness training horses for other people.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, because I don't mean it to be, but dressage always strikes me as the "organic gardening" side of the equestrian world - mysterious and slightly spiritual. This probably shows that I know nothing about it.

Perhaps you might introduce yourself to BiPenny. She works with horses too.

that is not rude at all infact you are very very correct. Dressage has been around since 360 BC and is the french word for training . People spend almost all their lives trying to understand it. Its like a religion you practice daily in hopes of rising above to be the best. so as compared to religion wich is what i find very mysterious and spiritual you have a very good point.

Hello Xyxwave
I teach riding for a living. My main focus is showing and Side Saddle but I also dabble in dressage, show jumping, hunter trials (XC) etc, mainly at a low level as I have never had the opportunity or an approriate horse to go any further on. Nor have I chased that opportunity!

I am a BHSAI Int S.M. (they say the BHS qualifications are recognised worldwide, I guess this will test that!! For the rest of you: S.M. has nothing to do with bondage!!!). I'm training for my I.T.T, stage 4 riding and Stable Managers exam at the moment. I'm also a qualified side saddle instructor (a qualified lady, balanced out by the fact I'm an LGV driver, a qualified lesbian!!). If all that makes no sense just say so!!

RESPECT for the rough riding, not something I think I would ever have the guts to do. Diablotin

Oh the roughstock ( saddle bronc and bareback ) NONE SEXUAL !!! was one of the biggest thrills of my life till my mom found out i had been taking the school bus out to were they practice on thursday nights and i ended up breaking my arm in three places. Now i train horses for a living they rarely buck or do anything exciting but when they do its a real treat for me. I am probly going to be riding and training at a grand Prix level by the end of next year. I dont teach at all I simply dont have the patience for it and i can be a bit too honest. If you ever do up your own facility i would be happy to apply for a working visa and train for you .

Sup dude im great(ifidosaysomyself) at showjumping,been doin it since i was lyk 8,i tink its just the best sport evr and its my way of keeping fitWink

Right on Dude !!! I show jump as well probly at a lower level then you because we dont have anyone close enough to coach us higher, Its a great way to stay in shape and one hell of a rush. We have been getting a clinician up here to coach and at the last clinic we did we were jumping a 1.40 M if only the shows around here would go up to that height it probly wouldnt be so bad. I kinda favour dressage over showjumping though.

1.40?nice dude i wudnt go up dat high proply cos my pony isnt high enough Tongue bu il hafta wait till nxt year to get a horse then its work,work,work