Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Holder to Resign
Eric Holder, US Attorney General, will leave office as soon as his replacement is confirmed.

A Department of Justice official said Holder has “no immediate plans” after he leaves office, but that he wants to “stay actively involved in some of the causes to which he has devoted his time in office” and that “following his recent visit to Ferguson, Missouri, he has spoken with friends and associates about his wish to find a way to continue helping to restore trust between law enforcement and minority communities.”

It will be difficult to replace him, but it is important to do so while the Senate is still in Democrat control.

As Attorney Generals go.....I think he has done a decent job with a few major flaws...most notably the Wall Street Sociopaths getting a free pass.

Mr Obama better hurry this through before November or he (and we) are screwed. I don't think there is any way around a Republican controlled House and Senate

East Wrote:As Attorney Generals go.....I think he has done a decent job with a few major flaws...most notably the Wall Street Sociopaths getting a free pass.

Mr Obama better hurry this through before November or he (and we) are screwed. I don't think there is any way around a Republican controlled House and Senate

The House is of course a lost cause. I think the Dems will hold the Senate, although it may be 50/50 and Biden to tie break.

palbert Wrote:The House is of course a lost cause. I think the Dems will hold the Senate, although it may be 50/50 and Biden to tie break.

I certainly hope you are right.....

I usually spend a portion of each day on this page

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...safe_seats

...but this year I have been a little depressed....so many vulnerable Dems. I can see how the 50/50 scenario might happen but I expect the worst. The emails the Dems send me daily are hardcore doom and gloom

I remember Holder's trick in 2010 that pissed off the entire US armed forces. Don't you remember almost all absentee ballots from armed forces overseas were left uncounted?

Why hasn't he released all the documents about the IRS harassing coverup even though he's been censured by Congress, and lost appeals in court? (yes, it's a coverup by all definitions. The fact that it was Tea Party people who were targeted makes no difference)

Do you really believe he knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" --- selling guns to Mexican drug warlords? Nearly everyone in the FBI, Treasury, ATF and the rest of the Justice Department knew about it. Refusing to release documents to Congress got him called up for contempt.

What about him ordering wiretaps on phones and email on reporter James Rosen & other journalists to track their contacts in US govt?

Don't you know that the Justice Department's own Inspector General has testified three times before congress that high officials in the justice department have obstructed all his investigations on the above points?

..... other than all that..... and the fact that OVER 200 of his initiatives have been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts ....... Eric Holder is a swell guy...

I'm guessing he's making an exit before the senate changes hands to avoid the consequences.

Eric Holder is and will be a controversial figure for years to follow. His job is to help enforce the laws but over the past 6 years he has helped to obstruct and circumvent investigations.

He might have been doing a good job in other areas but his job is to serve the American people not help cover up government scandals.

Virge Wrote:I remember Holder's trick in 2010 that pissed off the entire US armed forces. Don't you remember almost all absentee ballots from armed forces overseas were left uncounted?

Why hasn't he released all the documents about the IRS harassing coverup even though he's been censured by Congress, and lost appeals in court? (yes, it's a coverup by all definitions. The fact that it was Tea Party people who were targeted makes no difference)

Do you really believe he knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" --- selling guns to Mexican drug warlords? Nearly everyone in the FBI, Treasury, ATF and the rest of the Justice Department knew about it. Refusing to release documents to Congress got him called up for contempt.

What about him ordering wiretaps on phones and email on reporter James Rosen & other journalists to track their contacts in US govt?

Don't you know that the Justice Department's own Inspector General has testified three times before congress that high officials in the justice department have obstructed all his investigations on the above points?

..... other than all that..... and the fact that OVER 200 of his initiatives have been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts ....... Eric Holder is a swell guy...

I'm guessing he's making an exit before the senate changes hands to avoid the consequences.

Well...when you put it that way.......

...he doesn't look so good....BUT....

I do appreciate that he refused to defend the Defense of Marriage Act and I will forever be grateful to him for that

Having said that...I truly dislike the tea party but I truly dislike the government using their influence to punish anyone for the political beliefs even more...

I am at the point where I think all politicians and government officials are beholden to their puppet masters so I try to figure out who pulls their strings before I make my decisions.....

Holder tries to do too much: every time you open the news he and the Department have some new initiative. His effectiveness is diluted by his zealousness. Also, he seems to have developed an ability to ignore civil liberties and the constitution: I am not in favor of jailing whistleblowers and reporters.

East Wrote:I certainly hope you are right.....

I usually spend a portion of each day on this page

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...safe_seats

...but this year I have been a little depressed....so many vulnerable Dems. I can see how the 50/50 scenario might happen but I expect the worst. The emails the Dems send me daily are hardcore doom and gloom
I was until recently thinking it could go either way. It is about who will show up at the polls and the two parties have a lot more control in midterm elections as the influence of independents is not as strong as most of them do not vote in non-presidential election years. It's about getting your people out and I do not see a lot of enthusiasm among Democrats and one way to turn off those on the left even more is to become involved in military action somewhere in the world. Hillary, who is almost certainly going to be the nominee for Democrats, does not want the Democrats in power in the Senate. It is easier to run a campaign against a party than it is with a party.

Iceblink Wrote:.... Hillary, who is almost certainly going to be the nominee for Democrats, does not want the Democrats in power in the Senate. It is easier to run a campaign against a party than it is with a party.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about the election in those terms.