Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esoteric
So whats the real deal, anyone care to discuss? I think its just simple suggestion and the cognitive bias but then i think maybe there is something in it but but saying there maye something it it im pandering to people who do agree with it. I wont bash it but i am intrigued and interested in it as when you read what the cards mean in tarot there are logical things for life in general.

Simple suggestion and cognitive bias. You just described it very accurately.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

starlight Wrote:So whats the real deal, anyone care to discuss? I think its just simple suggestion and the cognitive bias but then i think maybe there is something in it but but saying there maye something it it im pandering to people who do agree with it. I wont bash it but i am intrigued and interested in it as when you read what the cards mean in tarot there are logical things for life in general.
First off... what are you talking about when you say "it"?

Esotericism?

If so... what do you mean by THAT?

Do you think esotericism is just parlor tricks, Ouija Boards, Tarot Cards, Channeling, Mediums, Crystal Balls, Palmistry, Reading Tea Leaves... that sort of shit?

IF SO... then, yeah, "suggestion and cognitive bias" is close. As is projection as in "Rorschach" ... where the mind makes meaning of (ostensibly) random things... which tells us about the mind making the "meaning".

But that's not what true Esotericism is.

True esotericism is another level of intelligence, another level of consciousness, from the one you and I know. It isn't that it is "secret knowledge." It is knowledge, consciousness, that is UNAVAILABLE TO US, as we are.

It's like being a dog. Dogs have their own consciousness, intelligence. They "think" or "know" in their way. BUT.... they can NOT know what we know, how we know it. OUR consciousness, intelligence, etc., is "esoteric" (not hidden but inaccessible) to them. They may have their own experience of what we're doing and why we're doing it. But OUR understanding of it is quite different.

That's just an analogy.

What it is pointing to is the possibility that there are beings -- perhaps human beings -- who have an intelligence and consciousness that is as far above ours as ours is above that of a dog. Again, its an analogy. Not saying there is anything wrong with being a dog... or that being human is somehow superior. The difference between us is we (potentially) have more range of freedom of action... less controlled by instinct.

But the esoteric proposition is that this can be taken much, much further. That there are, or have been, and could be, human beings who have developed within themselves abilities and powers that are latent in the rest of us.

All the rest of it -- the parlor tricks -- is just non-sense. Well, perhaps not "non" sense... but certainly limited sense.