Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Beijing ready?
With less than a month to go until the world's athletes descend upon Beijing Cap Int and yet it seems China is not entirely ready.The problem they're facing isnt infracture-related but rather the current ghostly climate in Beijing.The city has very high air & water pollution probs and the pressure is mounting on Beijing to get it's act together.Even perhaps Africa's most famous athlete,Haile Gebrselassie has decided not to take part in the Olympics because of it.On a diff note,I highly doubt that China can dwarf the magic & myticism of Athens 2004.

I'm not convinced that China should hold the Olympics for both political and environmental reasons. We are putting our love of sport above that of the oppressed peoples of China, and so I feel a slight whif of hypocricy.

That said, the eye of the world looking at China may lay the foundations for a change in the coming years.... who knows Sad

Didn't Athens have some last minute matters to deal with?

My friend just left Beijing. She wanted to stay longer but she kept getting sick...

Ready for a super sad story?

She found this little kitten on the streets one day. She brought it home. It was all energetic and in wonderful health. My friend was soooo happy to have a new kitten. She is pussy crazy.

She got food for it and gave it milk... the next day same wonderful kitten just full of joy.

Day three the thing is a bit less energetic and the forth day it is dead.

She was in shock and started asking around - she discovered that it is common for Chinese pet store owners to inject some drug (speed?) into the kittens and puppies so they seem really healthy and energetic and then they die soon after.