Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Homophobia Study - Its not all rosy!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22563843

This makes for some sober reading.:frown:

Perhaps I should consider myself as being lucky never to have experienced any of the points raised while living in Europe, Im sure some of our fellow GS members will have, unfortunately.

I'm currently working in East Africa, and International Day Against Homophobia or not, I will NOT be celebrating here in Kenya, where death by mob rule is the normal reaction to anyone being openly gay here. And thats mainly driven by the multiple fire and brimstone church preachers here - as in most of Africa.

So for those of you who think you have it bad for whatever reason, just take a moment or too to thank your lucky stars that your not living in a country where even talking about LGBT issues can get you killed.

Have a great day.

ObW
X

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]".... where death by mob rule is the normal reaction to anyone being openly gay here. And thats mainly driven by the multiple fire and brimstone church preachers here - as in most of Africa."[/FONT]

Curious isn't it that these so called Christians are willing to condone killing people. Makes you really want to believe in the all loving omnipotent celestial being doesn't it?

Apparently you are not really any better than Americans, you all just keep it on the down-low more.:tongue:

You think that publicy declaring a law that homosexuality is punishable by death is "keepiing it low"?

I'm so sorry, that sounds so terrible Sad

LONDONER Wrote:You think that publicy declaring a law that homosexuality is punishable by death is "keepiing it low"?

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/
Noun
The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.