Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European flooding
Hoping all of our members in Western Europe are staying safe as they deal with the terrible flooding that has hit there.

Yes, I have a friend in Germany, and the pics he's posted are devastating.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Yep, it’s pretty apocalyptic in some areas. Very happy that I don’t have family or friends affected.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

My sister was telling me she spoke online with someone in Belgium who was stranded in her 2nd floor apartment after the first floor of all the buildings on her block had been evacuated. Scary.

That storm system crossed the UK before heading into continental Europe. Parts of London were flooded pretty bad too, but nowhere near the likes of Germany and Belgium. I think the problem was that the system stalled over Western Germany, so it just pummelled that area with torrential downpours for 48 hours or so.

The climate is screwed up. Mega heatwaves, 'once in a century' torrential downpours happening annually now. I'm sweltering this week. It's not meant to be this warm in Scotland! We don't have AC!!
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

(07-16-2021, 07:38 PM)Bookworm Wrote: That storm system crossed the UK before heading into continental Europe. Parts of London were flooded pretty bad too, but nowhere near the likes of Germany and Belgium. I think the problem was that the system stalled over Western Germany, so it just pummelled that area with torrential downpours for 48 hours or so.

The climate is screwed up. Mega heatwaves, 'once in a century' torrential downpours happening annually now. I'm sweltering this week. It's not meant to be this warm in Scotland! We don't have AC!!
What kind of temperatures have you been seeing where you are?

(07-16-2021, 07:55 PM)calgor Wrote: What kind of temperatures have you been seeing where you are?

Oh I was just being a drama queen really  Big Grin

We're not experiencing anything like the heatwave that's been happening in North America, but it's set to rise further here over the weekend. I'm only talking about the high 20's Celsius, but that's considered a heatwave for us. It will probably be warmer further south into England.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

(07-16-2021, 09:06 PM)Bookworm Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 07:55 PM)calgor Wrote: What kind of temperatures have you been seeing where you are?

Oh I was just being a drama queen really  Big Grin

We're not experiencing anything like the heatwave that's been happening in North America, but it's set to rise further here over the weekend. I'm only talking about the high 20's Celsius, but that's considered a heatwave for us. It will probably be warmer further south into England.
Not at all. I think it's all a matter of what we're used to. The same temperature you might find oppressive in July I would likely find refreshing.
[-] The following 1 member Likes calgor's post:
  • Bookworm

Another YouTube channel I watch is Forecast Lab. He explains the setup of the system that came through western Europe. Looks like many places got 4-7 inches of rain, which is a lot for that area as I understand. Here in the southeastern US, it is still a lot but not entirely uncommon...

Just something I thought I would share, been trying to learn more about the meteorology aspect...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bookworm, ChadCoxRox