Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision 2011
Hello there,
Who watched eurovision??? I watched some bits of it last night and one talent that stood out is estonia's where she waved a hanky and then it turned into a stick without her doing anything... I have watched that clip more than 50 times trying to figure out how she did it... I cant work it out but love the song... I thought the UK did very well as we stayed in the left hand side column and didnt come last whereas jedward aka nightmares on elm street beat us by 3 places.... Those two lads have something about their persona which shines and draws people to them and to vote... I think in life whatever they try to do they will do it drastically horrible and annoy everyone but still get majority votes...

What you guys and girls think of it if ya watch it?

Kindest regards

zeon

p.s for our members outside the european union eurovision is a singing contest made up of around 25 countries with few such as united kingdom entered automatically every year for funding reasons and the winner overall hosts the following years event...

I stuck with it for the first three songs, but nearly didn't make it past the first. Very strange that Finland put someone in who didn't appear to be able to sing at a professional level. The thought of another twenty-two like those filled me with horror, so I turned it off.

Marsh u missed it then awww.... I watched it again this morning on BBC iplayer and the first three were pants BUT it definately got better.... Id recommend estonia's entry and watch her hand for twenty seconds

I waste 5 euros to vote for greece ( cause im in romania) And they just gave as an 8... Morever we are 7th...... Sad
Sweden and Hungary had better songs than Azerbahitzan's...

I know most years the united kingdom usually comes last.. Alot of people I know say that eurovision is a political party because neighbours tend to vote for one another and our only neighbour is ireland... Overall i was pleased we didnt come off the left hand side of the screen whereas previous years we end up with 0 points.. Alot of friends of mine take it personal and ive told em to understand its taking part that counts not whether you win or lose at the end of the day we cannot win every year no country can...

Kindest regards

zeoin

True say Zeon,
At least i enjoyed it... Smile

zeon Wrote:our only neighbour is ireland...

Our only neighbour who likes us is Ireland. However don't forget Malta they normally give us a decent score.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Azerbaijan is not in Europe, FFS!!! The only thing I liked was the guys from Iceland.

oooooooooooooo eurovisionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnConfusedmile:

I was reading in the paper today that there may not be much of one next year because the country that won it is a very homophobic country and the gay population is the majority viewers overall with 75% being gay voters... Thus meaning that the seats and stadium where they hold it would be empty and the country wouldnt make much in the way of money or tourism... Even though homosexuality illegal act was outlawed in 2001 in this country people are still being attacked for being gay by society there.. I read also that a transvette was locked in a cellar and held a prisoner until this indivudial accepted normality... I reckon eventually your going to be world eurovision purely because loads and loads of countries seem to want to join the european union.. I know turkey keep applying to be classed as europe however they keep getting rejected by the EU lol

Kindest regards

Zeon