Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision Song Contest
This will probably be only relevant to Europeans and Australians... but anyway:

Do you follow the Eurovision Song Contest? Are you a fan? Are you a hardcore fan? Do you hate it?
It's that time of the year again, rehearsals are in full speed and on Tuesday is the first show, and the grand final is tomorrow in a week! :-o

I myself I'm a big fan, I watched every single show since 1957 (that's before I was born!), have attended the events in person before and I'm a very active member in the international fan community.

For Americans: This is not a gay event, but approximately 90% of the hardcore fans are gay Smile

I am not attending it live this year, but I hope that I can go again next year.

I have watched every Eurovision since the late 1990s. I am a massive fan. I honestly don't think the UK will ever win again. I haven't heard our entry for this years contest yet
An eye for an eye

I'm not really a fan, though I will occasionally watch some of the performances a few weeks after the contest. I think it's a fantastic thing, wish we did something over here for the Americas.

I don't really find it interesting, but for the last two years I have attended a "Eurovision Party" and will be this year. We normally just have it on in the background and occasionally laugh if a particularly amusing entry comes on. I attend these parties because the host usually puts on a marvellous spread of different European food and it is a good excuse to get together and have a few drinks Smile Smile. But no, I definitely don't follow it religiously, nor am I really a fan. It is more a political voting thing than an actual music competition in my eyes anyway. Regardless of how good a UK entry can be, it'll never ever win again.