Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision.... This years disgrace.... Boycotting it!
Hello all,
To all who watch eurovision this years is a bloody disgrace.. I watched the BBC panorama on the hosting country getting the title and to be honest i was horrified... It is such a backwards country and should be struck off europe for its barbaric acts it has committed... The government seem very corrupt and he is using eurovision to advertise his family and his son is a pop star and using him to sing for their country at the break.. His other son who is 15 years old is head of many companies and ontop of that his allowed his son to spend $40,000,000 on luxury properties whilst many live in slums worse than those here in the UK.... Yes we have slums but a slum to us is a run down council estate with graffiti broken swings in the park and people swearing non stop doing drugs and theft along with high crime rates...
In algerzabad it is a case of no proper water no toilet facilities and no roof.... Or thats what happened at 05.30 one morning when the government wanted an impact... Residents didnt want to leave their homes and refused eviction notices as they had bought them worked their lives for them and it was THEIR HOMES!!!! How dare that government just move in at 0530 with a bull dozer one morning and start ripping the bloody building down whilst men women and CHILDREN sleep in their beds.. Police are going in grabbing residents punching them in the head and stamping on them for resisting... How dare the country hold the winning title when infact it should be holding its head in shame at what it has done to humanity in its community all for the sake of a singing contest... Eurovision bosses cant intervine but if that was me my compassion would take over and I would state that the country immediately repays all the residents compensation and sorts itself out within a matter of days or it is struck off the contest based on these grounds.. I couldnt believe that people who spoke out in protest over this were getting placed into a police van jailed and then tortured in prison with daily beatings...
Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to be honest and truthful about something they are not happy with but violence is never an option nor a good answer as two wrongs dont make it all right... It showed one guy who went to court... The people who beat him senseless got freed and he got jailed.. I was absolutely disgusted and the radio presenter who checked the governments issues as her show had her home filled with cameras and the government was going to broadcast her sexual relations on the internet...

In times like this i am grateful I live in a civilised country which doesnt torture someone and isnt homophobic like this country is

It is a disgrace and I will be voting with my remote!

Kindest regards

Zeon x

Eurovision is shit regardless, no self respecting artist would go on there well there is current it girl Rita Ora but she's an anomaly.

hey its the gay version of the euro/world cup.... Talking of that next weeks panorama is about the trouble in poland and the other country who are hosting it and the nazi thugs living in both... Which to be honest if my memory serves me right... Didnt hitler try to wipe out the polish? Or at least take over and us british doing what we do best..... Interfer???? No gratittude!

Yes he did, lol not that it means anything but I'm 1/4 polish lol

The songwriter and producer of the winning song of Azerbaijan was actually Swedish, Stefan Örn. The song who came second place was Sweden to. I wonder how it would had been if Sweden won it, cause that is bloody terrible. What a pity... Not for us but for the people of Azerbaijan.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

mrk2010 Wrote:Yes he did, lol not that it means anything but I'm 1/4 polish lol

I could make you 100% Polish....or is that I can Polish you 100%....I dunno, I have just really confused myself......

Or have I Wink

Zee, isn't it a way for western values to start seeping into a country that doesn't have these values at its core? While all that you say is probably true to some extent, I'm not sure boycotting the Eurovision on tv is going to make that much difference. Sometimes actually going into the country can make that difference by making comparisons possible for peoples who would normally not know about a different, easier world. What I'm saying does not make the despot and his sons right in the way they don't apply democracy, of course. The real question is: "Does the Eurovision song contest only serve to glorify the Azerbaijani leader, or will it give a chance to its people to modernise and evolve?".