Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever had bad experiences in retail?
Hello there,
Have you ever gone into a shop and something isnt quite right??? What did you do about it???

Tonight i went out for a meal as payday was a couple of days ago and i hate payday piss ups with work...

I went with my ex boyfriend and a work collegue to a chineese venue in Brighton known as Days...

Now bear in mind id spent all day looking forward to it pictureing loads of dishes shredded duck crispy seaweed noodles the full works followed by a nice big fat juicy chocolate cake for pudding... Boy was i determined to eat til i popped...

Upon entering i felt that it seemed a nice friendly place and as i sat down to eat i noticed the food wasnt right... It was stone cold yet placed on hot stalls, I had a chicken soup for starters to which was stone cold and very watery... I left this after a couple of mouthful and went onto get some chicken skewers and satay sauce. Well to put it politely my own urine was more thicker than this skank they served... I decided that was it it was time to try the main food so i had some sushi and the rice was really under cooked and still relatively hard and the noodles were dead dry... I looked around for some house special curry or any chineese curry and all they had was bloody indian curry... I mean WTF is all that about??? I dont want korma on my noodles it is like having tomato ketchup on your sunday roast it just doesnt GO!!!!
By this time I am getting very wound up because i knew this place wasnt cheap and noticed the fancy decorations like a castle built out of chocolate bourbon busciuts that a five year old probably got paid £5 to construct and celebrate because he won the equalvent of the lottery... So i decided the dinner was absolutely rubbish and i then went onto desserts.
Now the fun begins.... kSo i am there browsing around the dessert section admiring the chocolate cheese cake and the icecreams along with various jellies.... I decided id be simple as the chefs must be by the quality of the food so... I had a small dish of jelly a bowl of icecream and some banana pudding in custard... To begin with the spoon wouldnt cut through the jelly as they didnt lay out any knives so i ate it with me fingers and it wasnt the best id had as it lacked flavor so i tried to icecream... Well it was like eating plastic as it was constantly stringy and wouldnt break up... I was getting very annoyed with it so i left it and got another two bowls of icecream and both times this happenned so i left all three bowls on the table untouched except for being mashed up... I then tried some banana pudding and alot of the bananas were BLACK.... Ugh that was the final straw out of pure politeness i paid £50 for the meal...

Upon paying and being so fustrated the fella behind the desk said the wrong thing

"Was everything alright with your meal???" I saw red and replied "No" He was then stupid enough to ask what was wrong with it and i just felt the flood gates open and zeon did what zeon does best... Honesty!

"Well to start with it was fucking cold the quailty of the sushi is very poor your rice is like rice cakes not cooked rice... You serve up chineese noodles and dishes but have no chineese curries only bloody indian ones... The two dont go... Your satay sauce is very running along with your chicken soup that is nothing more than bits of chicken thrown in a bucket of water and the whole attire of the evening has been ruined by the price your charging.... To be honest I wont be fucking coming back its the biggest pile of shite ive ever eaten in this city... Three times ive come here and each time the food has got progressively worse... There is a chineese buffet that charges £6 a head round the corner and they do fantastic meals without ripping off the customer..."

He replied im sorry to hear that to which i replied "Im not dont expect my custom anymore..." He offered me a complimentary mint and I just said I got no intention of accepting your hard boiled sweet mate I may be british but im not bloody stupid if your food is crap you think im going to take that... With that i walked down the steps and a family of six walked up and i said to them You eat here its the biggest mistake your ever make the food is stone cold and crap so they walked out too

So yeah if anyone ever comes to Brighton Sussex UK and you want a chineese PLEASE take it from my advice

Dont visit Days in East Street South laines... Instead go to the small outlet located in west street yes theres not alot to choose from but the food really is nice

Kindest regards]

Zeon xx

nice one,least they lost some custom though you,I have cap resturants,it's not hard to make good food!

I have occasionally had cause to complain about food in restaurants. On several occasions the charge for the meal was waived altogether.

One of my worst experiences was an office Christmas lunch in the training restaurant of the local FE college. Being the only vegetarian in a party of forty people I had to wait while they sent out for pizza, because they hadn't taken notice of the advance request for one veggie meal. Table service was dreadful. I never thought of myself as a snob until I was made to realise how brilliant most waiters are at not drawing attention to themselves and for doing a professional job discreetly. I ate nearly alone, while most of the others had finished and gone back to the office. When offered coffee at the end I declined, but asked if they had an after-meal mint. The young waitress returned a few minutes later to tell me that they didn't serve mints with the coffee, but she did come proudly bearing a stick of chewing gum on a saucer. Never again. That catering course is no longer offered at the college.

hehe sounds like you had fun there marshlander.. I would be very very embarrissed if that was me and would feel it was a waste of time... I used to live with a vegitarian and finding places to eat which had suitable vegartarian dishes wasnt always easy because it would be very very basic and he explained to me in alot of places it is really hard to find proper good veg meals.... Apparently aliot of resturants just serve veg and thats it not anything like veg burgers etc

It's funny looking back on it now, but it was definitely not funny at the time. To be honest, my heart sinks if someone offers me a veggie "burger" or a veggie "sausage". I really don't see the point! There is nothing wrong with making food made from vegetables look like it was made from vegetables ... and don't get me started on quorn! That's not food. It's Soylent Green for the 21st century!

marshlander Wrote:but she did come proudly bearing a stick of chewing gum on a saucer.

Brilliant, fantastic!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Zeon, you didn't mention whether you left a tip.

Cardiganwearer Wrote:Zeon, you didn't mention whether you left a tip.

lol i NEVER leave tips not even for good service i am so tight with money its unbeleiveable lol.... Maybe if i win a million on lottery ill leave a £1 tip

Sign up to Trip Advisor and put the details there. That's what I do. Good or bad I rate it on trip advisor.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Do you go to the same restaurant twice? Do they pay waitpersons alot more in the UK? I always feel a tip is part of the price of dinner...I am assuming it is different in the UK?

I have had alot of bad experiences but I do not send my food back or complain as a rule but now I go to YELP.com and I do enter a review. I find the reviews there helpful as they come from people who are not paid to be critics and also since there are so many reviews I can easily get a bigger picture....maybe you should enter your complaint on that website too so you could warn people.