Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever had bad experiences in retail?
tipping in the UK is hit and miss,you would only really be expected to tip in the more top end restaurants,in most other places the waiter would be lucky to get any tip.

when I was in NY bad service still was expected to receive a tip,I remember going in one restaurant and being told that a service charge had already been put on the bill,something like 14% :eek: I bet they were earning more than the people eating there!

simon Wrote:tipping in the UK is hit and miss,you would only really be expected to tip in the more top end restaurants,in most other places the waiter would be lucky to get any tip.

when I was in NY bad service still was expected to receive a tip,I remember going in one restaurant and being told that a service charge had already been put on the bill,something like 14% :eek: I bet they were earning more than the people eating there!

Hmmm....they must pay them more than they do here then.

I usually tip about 20%...none of the restaurants I go to have the tip included but I know of restaurants that do. I am not sure I have ever really had bad service...if I have it doesn't stick out to me in my memory....

East Wrote:Hmmm....they must pay them more than they do here then.

I usually tip about 20%...none of the restaurants I go to have the tip included but I know of restaurants that do. I am not sure I have ever really had bad service...if I have it doesn't stick out to me in my memory....

I can't see it being more than the US as here they are poorly paid,min wage mostly.