Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever met anyone off the net??
I actually have met people from online who have gone on to be extremely significant, including my first love.

When I was younger, 5-6 years ago, I was on The Student Room; a then very popular online studenty place with lots of bods chatting and foruming as you do. Here I met a girl who was at the time suicidal, and offered her to phone me to talk (not with any intention of dissuading her, that had to be her choice so long as I wasn't around when she did it). We talked for about 3 hours, and it helped her out. I had actually had this happen with a friend from that site before and it led to other places. Anyways; we just got closer as friends, until one day I realised; I fancied her. We talked that night on the phone, for TWELVE HOURS. We didn't stop talking, she only had to go cos she was at work. When we met up eventually, it was the best weekend you could possibly have. We had 6 months together in all! I've met various other people, I should stress; never with premeditated intent of finding someone, it just seemed coincidentally positive at the time.

Honestly i never have but there are several people in this world that i would love to see in person.....i may actually meet one of them in two weeks....and another in august who is coming all the way from michigan lol

I've met 3 people from the internet. The first was a long-time real life friend of my girlfriend-at-the-time, his name was Eric. Met him initially online playing World of Warcraft, he lived about 2 hours from me. Then I ended up moving to Zephyrhills, where he lived, so I met him in person and we became best friends.

2nd is my girlfriend that I've been with for over 2 years now, met her on okcupid and it was on Big Grin Met her after she flew to meet me about 3 months after we started talking.

3rd is another friend from World Of Warcraft, I'd known him for about 3 years before we randomly went to Las Vegas over the summer during 4th of July weekend without planning to, and we met up once we found out we were both there. Had lunch, it was cool.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Yes I have met people off the net and had some nice experiences and some not so nice ones, it's no different if you get chatting to someone you've never met before just got to remember to be careful.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I met my boyfriend on the net and we have been together for 5years now, I I say the net is the way to go! LoL

I think, in fact I know I have met every single one of my bf's from the internet from the age of 16.

I have never been that confident in talking to people in bars and in general you can kind of gauge a better understanding of someone by talking to them frequently online (sometimes) before meeting with them.

The general rules I'd say is try see them on webcam, see multiple pictures and then meet them in a public place but those are self explanatory.

Cexcells thats good that you find the internet can be easier to meet than real life... I met my first three boyfriends that way as well as behind a screen the only thing you can gurantee is the personality of the person who is speaking with you... I am not that confident at chatting up people as saying drop ya kacks doesnt exactly work lol Plus a town like brighton is getting more hetrosexual men come to gay bars for the enjoyment of a night out

I met someone at griffith park but didn't have sex until w had talked for over a week

Doesn't everyone use apps on their mobile phones nowadays? Not that I have indulged in such behaviour.:redface: However, I read about a lot of people meeting up that way. I have met people via the net though and it can be a real mixed bag. The golden rule is safety, best to meet in a public place and of course insist on pictures beforehand.

Well, where I live, it's not that large of a population to where you need the internet to meet someone, because everyone pretty much knows each other or knows someone's friend/family.

I grew up around loads of people, so I'm more comfortable talking and having face to face conversations, rather than talk online(romantically ofcourse :p). I actually feel safer going up to someone than arranging a date on the internet.

In all realness, my friend was murdered in our 2nd year of high school, because she got pregnant for a man she met through the internet/text messages. He was about 30 and we were 14 & 15.(We weren't best buddies, but we talked regularly)

That's made me so weary of internet relationships, although on the flip side, my grandmother found her current husband online and (one of them) my little brother found his girlfriend on facebook :3