Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever met anyone off the net??
matthew91 Wrote:I met a guy on Grindr. We had several mutual friends so I knew people who knew him. We spoke online for 4 months and then we went on a date. Sadly it never worked out but it was an experience. I think I was a bit slow though, 4 months talking online does get a bit boring and you can run out of things to say.

Hello,
The key to it mister is to find mutual topics of interest as the sims says "friendships are like plants if u dont look after them they die".. I know with me i talk about any random crap and the minute i confess to someone im a traffic warden christ thats it six hours later they still rabbitting on about my job and im like when am i getting paid for this as this is work talk! lol.. On grindr people seem to look and walk on by but i think i get too impatient as i try to talk to guys in our town of lovely brighton and they are like..... jog on lool

I've never met anyone off the Internet before but I have a friend or two I'd definitely like to meet in the near future from online and stuff. :-)

Yesterday I re-installed Grindr into my Ipad for no actual reason. Okay, I thought of giving Grindr a chance as a place to find gay friends. Even though the possibility to find one is quite low since Grindr is known as a sex trade site.

I received few messages from its users. One of them went, "I'm not stalking you or anything but I always see you in a train. He, he, he ..."

"Are you sure it was me?" I replied.

"Yes, you always wear white singlet with sweater." He responded.

Oh boy. My train ride will no longer be the same.

Met one guy offline and that's it. Was very nervous but everything went fine (Setting was not ideal!) but still.

In my younger, hornier days I met guys online for hookups...
Then I went to meet a guy for 'just drinks and friendship' and it turned into a 2 year relationship and now we are best friends :biggrin:

Earlier this year I met a guy off another forum that I'm a member of .. just for lunch.

72jay Wrote:Earlier this year I met a guy off another forum that I'm a member of .. just for lunch.

If I may ask, do you keep in touch with him after that lunch? How did the friendship go from that moment?

Ok. I sound nosey though.

Hello,
I know in life i intend to meet more people over time and make more friendships with people as i find making friendships fa\ce to face canj be harder for me than online aznd then go face to face

I met a woman on the net (yes, I like both flavors!), whom I got really close to -- from a distance. She lives over a thousand miles away. We grew to really like one another a lot, with mutual romantic feelings having developed. But when it was clear that we could never live close by one another, I let it go -- at least the romantic part. And I'm still having a hard time maintaining the friendship part, 'cause the fact is I need to spend lots of face-to-face time with my close friends.

We had a lot of rare compatibility, 'cause she didn't mind that I had a boyfriend and want to keep him
around. She's polyamorous, like me. And we had loads of other things in common. Letting go was painful and difficult.

We only explored a possible "romantic" type of relationship because of that rare compatibility combined with the fact that she said she could eventually relocate if all went well between us. I was up front with her from the beginning, saying that I didn't want a very long distance relationship. >sigh<

Yes I did, I thought it was going to be more then it was ...
He f***ed me and chucked me. Still trying to come back from that.
Make sure if you do, you know what your going on this date for Smile